Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 06:00 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times

Advertisements

You guys are sooo funny. Spaghetti's on the stove, biscuits in the oven. Just waiting for the timer to go off. I may need to crack open a beer or some wine. Been a long day. Hubby comes home tomorrow night, not soon enough....

Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
I may need to crack open a beer or some wine. Been a long day. Hubby comes home tomorrow night, not soon enough....
Have you tried a Sol de Jorge? I hear they are the latest rage!

Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,964,089 times
Everyone's dinner sounds sooo good. nikk- I always love an excuse to cook Japanese food. Thankfully DH is on board for that, but he gets such bad salt headaches I have to limit it. Miso soup is the best..I get my miso paste with the dashi already added in..one less step for lazy ol me.

No cooking tonight..I've got a stupid bout of food poisoning. I think the lettuce we had was tainted. I felt a little off last night after a side salad, but really icky today after a full meal portion for lunch. And of course, DH is feeling fine because he decided he didn't want veggies last night and ate hotdogs for lunch. In the garbage it goes.

I'm sipping on fluids and trying not to die. So dinner for me is cola and maalox. Yuuum!

Taking a trip to visit friends and family in Raleigh tomorrow though, so hope I'm feeling better. My favorite sushi/indian/BBQ restaurants in the world are there, and DH was gonna take me out to lunch to one of 'em.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Why wait until Friday? I must be Friday somewhere in an alternate universe all the time

I decided to make a concoction out of orange juice, peach schnapps, pomegranate liqueur and vodka. Mighty tasty if I should say so myself <hic> Excuse me.
Try Pama, gingerale/7up and vodka with a splash of rose's lime. One of my favorite drinks ever.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Try Pama, gingerale/7up and vodka with a splash of rose's lime. One of my favorite drinks ever.
Will do when I become sober again

Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Will do when I become sober again
Aw..sounds like the words of a quitter to me. You're still typing straight, aren't ya?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,191,662 times
Snacking on various things! Making homemade caprese with basil,fresh mozzarella,tomatoes, olive oil and a little bit of balsamic vinegar MMM! And homemade pineapple martinis (thanks to Mom!)....and snacking on a few other items....

Old 06-05-2009, 09:14 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
I was bad. lol I was SO sick of the rain, drizzle, gray skies, and the worker I have who is dumber than a box of rocks, I treated myself to KFC... 4 pc thighs and drums, original, fake taters and gravy, and their DELICIOUS coleslaw. I always get a large side of coleslaw and an extra biscuit too... and honey for the buscuits tyvm!

Only ate 3 pieces, left a drum for tomorrow and never opened the large side of coleslaw. Had that about quarter to 6. THAT was lunch!

At 11 p.m., I had my comfort food... a hotdog sammich w/ cucumbers! I'm feeling happier now. hahahaha

Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Hey George you left me at the bus stop all by myself.....thanks a lot.

Maybe there was no more roombut
didn't you hear me yelling to you and waving at you?????

Old 06-05-2009, 09:34 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Boy, oh boy, are you lot ever feeling silly tonight! Sol de Jorge, Margarita parties, and George gassing up the bus again to take us all to a sleepover.... man, the things I miss when I'm at work! Sounds like everyone had their Friday goofies on today, as is entirely appropriate.

We went to my boss's son's open house tonight (he's graduating from HS on Sunday) and had a fun and relaxing time hanging out with buddies from work in a lower-key and more relaxed setting than the office. They have a huge house and yard, which was a good thing, as there were probably 60 or more people there, and it was a great way to end a busy week. The young man is heading off to the same university where my son goes, so of course I told him to look up our kid when he goes up to register in a couple more weeks. The lad asked what our son's major is, and for some reason looked very intrigued by the answer (our son is doing a double major in fraternity parties and sorority girls). I suspect our boy will be getting a call soon.....

Supper was sort of in stages tonight. We snacked at the open house, noshing on fruit, chips, dip, and cake, then after leaving the party, went by a brew pub we like a lot and each had a tall glass of a truly excellent beer with an appetizer plate. I went for hummus-and-pita, while the spouse opted for fish tacos. It was satisfying without being too filling, and the beer was wonderful, of course. A good relaxing Friday evening all round.

Have a wonderful weekend, all - and George, darn it, don't just drive on past Madison with that bus next time, stop and pick me up on your way up to get Lacey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink