Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 07:50 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Look at my apple pie!
Only you could make that sound so dirty

Dogs
- those fires are so sad and scary

Northwoods - so happy for you seeing your boys!

Did someone say we need a Driver?

Kelsie - wtg on 1200! Love the ratatouille idea from Lacey, too

Good morning and good day to the rest of the gang! My tummy's rumbling already - gonna have pbj while watching Ellen at 10...if I can wait another 10 minutes LOL.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:02 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Morning

Already had my tea, put the dishwasher on, dusted and just sat down for a minute and it's not 7 yet

Dogs Stay inside with that smoke. There was a brush fire behind my house last week and it burned a few acres but Cal Fires was excellent and put it out before any homes were damaged. I didn't want to evacuate again Been there, done that too many times.

Gone to go check out a few other threads and finish up cleaning. See ya later

Old 08-14-2009, 08:03 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
before we retired in lived at the base of the mountains in eastern La county we had a couple of bad fires come pretty close...lots of ash for days, pool was filthy and cars....scary...

will try the crackered chops..that is what I will call them lol.

ok have a headache, prob from all this smoke although we have the house closed and a/c on..have a dr. appt later this morning so need to get some stuff done...

later my friends!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Morning all!

Toos - the pie was DIRTY - good!!! Everyone loved it!

Lacey how was Cheers last night?

Dogmom, stay safe and away from all the smoke!

Redbird, glad to hear that Uncle D is doing better. Get him some new t-shirts.

Crazy, doesn't matter how you acquired the Dyson, as long as you are using it! It is amazing what that machine can pick up! Best investment I ever made.

Charley, rest well today my friend.

NJMike, try to stay out of trouble please!

That goes for everyone actually! Yes that means you too IOP and Denise!

Kelsie - we will start our baking lessons soon!

Trying to get my listings ready for open houses for Sunday.

A friend of mine sent me an email and wanted to know if we would make the drive out to see and eat with my peeps - yes the Polish variety Yum - can't wait

Signing off for now,
Jorge McChongstein-Gorski

Old 08-14-2009, 08:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Wear the colors of the "U.N." JmcC-G!!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Afternoon all-
Haven't a clue what I am having for dinner and at this point I don't really care, lol. Not in the best of mood today but wanted to stop in and say hello and have a great weekend!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:33 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Afternoon all-
Haven't a clue what I am having for dinner and at this point I don't really care, lol. Not in the best of mood today but wanted to stop in and say hello and have a great weekend!
Why so glum? Here, have an iced tea, put your feets up, and tell the world to GET BACK!

I just made Don breakfast, taters, eggs, toast, and put one hot dog sliced sliver thin in the frying pan to brown them up. (that thar is okie vittles). The taters were broasted. His favorite.

We had a bunch of deer in the orchard last night eating the apples. When we let our little yorkie out to pee, she took offense to them eating our apples and raised a fuss. Meanwhile the GSD just looked at the deer and yawned. Then took a few steps towards the deer and they ran.

Then the yorkie came back like she had just conquered the world!

Oh, you should have seen her high stepping it back to the house, like she was the mighty yorkie!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Hello everyone, hope you are all having a great day!

NWV: what a lovely surprise, have a nice weekend.

Thank you Lacey and everyone else with the eggplant recipes.

George, since you are going to give me baking lessons, do I now have to go out and get a mixer since when we moved our daughter purposely took mine away--in protest as she said to her dad, "I'm taking this so mom can't attempt to bake and poison her new neighbors," as he replied, "your stomach hasn't been the same since you ate that Red Velvet cake 10 yrs. ago"
It' a conspiracy, I tell you!

Well today started out just great, torrential rain again, and my gf & I had a well overdue hair appt. at 10:00, by 11:00 our hairdresser, the owner of the shop still did not show up. My friend texted him and he replied that he had the flu, I looked at his book and he is booked solid for a week, we had to wait 8 wks. for this appt. To top this we all are sup. to go to dinner tonight.

I went to "The Fresh Market" and bought lots of food and I am going to make a large pot of hm vegetable soup, I am even going to throw some of this eggplant in it.

Well we are on our way to 1300 what a great kichen this is.

I will have a cup of Hazelnut coffee while making the soup, be back in a bit.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Just took a nice ride with Mr. L and the place we were going for lunch was uber-packed so we ended up at a little town cafe-not great-not bad.

Kelsie sandwiches here are not what we're used to-2 slices of meat is it. Oh well good for the diet.

As an aside my dtr and a whole bunch of friends have rented a big stretch w/a bar and going to a Barry Manilow concert tonight- poor Barry hasn't been forewarned-and well he should be.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
Hey everyone! What's cookin? lol

Friday's is the pot luck cocktail party at the beach here the at the campground from 5-6 p.m. Last week I brought down dates I stuffed with goat cheese. Everyone loved them. One guy renamed them stuffed beetles. lol I had to admit, they were just about the size of a June bug!

Today, I opted to make Suddenly Salad Ranch w/ Bacon that I doctor up some. I add more ranch dressing and some tasty calamata olives, sun dried tomotoes, and I'm topping it with a garnish of fresh parsley.

Dinner tonight will likely be lobster from Young's Lobster Pound up the street. They have a great 2nd floor deck overlooking Belfast harbor.

Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink