Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,545,519 times

Advertisements

At one of the fairs back home had to have the homemade warm peach shortcake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 05:39 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,442,060 times
Chocolate goat's milk at the Los Angeles County Fair.

::: shrug ::: It's a once a year thing. I was raised on goat's milk as a kid

Old 10-23-2009, 05:28 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I was thinking the same thing and was hesitant to try the oreos but they were good. They also had candy bars and pickles. I had one of the twinkies a few years ago and it wasn't as good as just a regular twinkie.

Those suck as it is, but I remember them being so good as a child!
I really want to try a deep fried pickle. I saw them on Deep Fried Paradise (I think that was it) but they were the pickle chips not whole pickles.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:26 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,342,651 times
Funnel Cake & Curly Fries.

I also love Popcorn & Cotton Candy.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:30 PM
bjh

60,098 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Provident Gourmet: Scottish Eggs « Gallimaufree

Ok, I am wrapping my mind around it. Looks good but I have not ever seen that at any fest. Wouldn't mind making it at home.
Those looked almost like they were rolled in nuts instead of bread, but you get the general idea. Only ever seen them done with fine bread crumbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I really want to try a deep fried pickle. I saw them on Deep Fried Paradise (I think that was it) but they were the pickle chips not whole pickles.
Traditionally, and yes there is a tradition, fried pickles ARE sliced pickles.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:11 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,627,838 times
Wink Fav Festival Food......

Huge German Pretzel with dijon mustard.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:54 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,559,312 times
Quote:
Fried pickles are the BOMB! Pickle chips are superior to the spears and they are best dipped in a creamy ranch dressing. There is a place here in Charlotte that has them, The Penguin, and those are the best I've ever had.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:06 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,165,497 times
Quote:
I had those for the first time a couple of years ago on Amelia Island near Jacksonville, FL. Delicious!! We were only in town for a long weekend (family reunion) but even though we ate dinners at several different places we made sure we had lunch or a late night snack at the same restaurant for the fried pickles every day we were there!

Old 10-24-2009, 03:12 PM

32,947 posts, read 36,405,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
At the Italian feasts and bazaar's in NYC, sausage hero with onion and peppers.
Yes. Yes! And pieroghi made by the church ladies at the Polish, Russian bazaars.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:53 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,227,117 times
I'm a funnel cake (or is it elephant ears?) fan. My mother used to make a home made version of something less sophisticated long before I ever saw them at fairs. Just some sort of homemade made mix of some sort, flattend in a disk and friend then the confectionars suger. She's an ethnic German from the Odessa Ukraine. She also used the same mix, cut in a cook sized diamond, cut a slice in the middle, take one long point of the dimond and twist through the slit. Fry in deeper oil and they sort of hollow out a little, add confec sugar. Not as soft or thick as a donut
So my question is...whats the difference between funnel cakes and Navajo fry bread? (My Mothers sounds similar to fry bread (does every group on the planet have a version of fried bread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink