Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times

Advertisements

You would think that if you called a place where you did business and asked a question then you would get a correct answer. I called, asked the same question, got 5 different answers and none of them were right. They don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 08:34 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,545,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
You would think that if you called a place where you did business and asked a question then you would get a correct answer. I called, asked the same question, got 5 different answers and none of them were right. They don't care.
That's essentially what happened here. Not to mention they called my mother-in-law on a few occasions telling her that she qualified and to try again, or that they needed more info to get her qualified even after she had been told she didn't qualify. One rep told her to rent out a room so she could claim the necessary income to get qualified. She got so much conflicting information thrown at her she didn't know which rep to believe. They couldn't even tell her for sure that if she paid off the past due if she could avoid foreclosure - the rep simply didn't know. And when my wife jumped on the phone and asked questions about the loan they couldn't answer her questions. Completely dysfunctional.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:08 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,916,356 times
Ludachris -

You started this post over a month ago - what action have you taken to save her home?

Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM

229 posts, read 573,908 times
I also was a Countrywide customer who got switched to BofA. 1st they said I hadn't paid my mortgage (did it online and it was the ONE time I did not keep a record of the number) and THEN took 2 payments from my account for that month. I called them, and my bank - thankfully I had overdraft protection - and it took them almost a month to credit me for the overpayment. THEN they tried to take another payment and my bank refused them, thankfully as I was NOT signed up for automatic payment.

To make a long story short, when I bought my house, I puposely chose a fixer-upper which I could easily afford and 3 years later became unemployed. They would not work with me and I eventually went through all my savings and my 401K. Still not fully employed but working as a temp. Am going to let them have the house in foreclosure. It still needs some things done, but I have accomplished a lot. Let them finish fixing it.

The reality of this economy is forcing many of us to lose our homes and BofA is not helping.

I hope the MIL can at least sell the place and retain some of her money.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:33 AM

181 posts, read 331,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Bank of America, Chase and Wells Fargo have stopped foreclosing on homes right now because "their employees" didn't have time to read people's documents.
Chase is foreclosing on homes. We attempted to purchase one. There isn't going to be any compassion from the banks because they want to make money any way they can. It's how this system works.

I hate what's going on out there but since our government supports the banking system and we have a federal reserve, nothing will get better for us down here.

Good luck.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Chase is a nightmare...my SIL applied for a modification. They told her to make 5 months of modified payments and then they will reevaluate. They told her that it was in the process and that she did not have to pay anything to all was settled. FIVE months went by and she hadn't made a mortgage payment and they kept asking her for the same paperwork saying another department had it and it was available to them...after 6 or 7 attempts they told her she did not qualify. Luckily she put her mortgage payments aside and paid it to date and gave up. She could have lost her home because of their stupidity...She did everything right took the seminars got all the right information did what she was supposed to do and then a big NO in the end. They even had a lawyer go over the paperwork. I do not understand why the banks are telling people that they don't have to pay their mortgage.

It is very sad to see this happening. I should add she has been in her home for over twenty five years. Her financial status changed and was told she qualified right from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs