Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM

575 posts, read 1,778,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
Axiom never asked for an example of where a FC went to sale/auction.
Actually that's exactly what I asked for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
Can you point me to even one California homeowner who was wrongly foreclosed on? Sheesh, let's even widen the net. Has anyone anywhere documented a case where a borrower who was current on their payments was foreclosed on?
Foreclosed - past participle, past tense of fore·close

1. Take possession of a mortgaged property as a result of someone's failure to keep up their mortgage payments.
2. Take away someone's power of redeeming (a mortgage) and take possession of the mortgaged property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM

416 posts, read 637,796 times
Quote:
Actually that's exactly what I asked for:

Foreclosed - past participle, past tense of fore·close

1. Take possession of a mortgaged property as a result of someone's failure to keep up their mortgage payments.
2. Take away someone's power of redeeming (a mortgage) and take possession of the mortgaged property.
nice cut and paste of the 1st definition on-line

merriam-webster:
foreclose
1- to shut out
2- to hold exclusively
3- to deal with or close in advance
4- to subject to foreclosure proceedings

foreclosure
a legal proceeding that bars or extinguishes a mortgager's right of redeeming a mortgaged estate

A foreclosure does not imply that a lender has to goto to auction for a property to meet your question of "wrongfully foreclosed" as a sale of the property does not need to occur for someone to have been "foreclosed" upon

And again...typical response of just attacking another response. RJRCM...this is what I mean by posters not engaging in conversation. They bait other posters into a response.

news reports and court proceedings are clear...people have been and are still being foreclosed upon wrongfully in this country. neither one of you has shown otherwise.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,584,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
...news reports and court proceedings are clear...people have been and are still being foreclosed upon wrongfully in this country. neither one of you has shown otherwise.
I don't disagree that people have been wrongly subjected to foreclosure proceedings. Not surprising given the huge bureaucracy, inefficient systems, and sheer number of people involved. I was just pointing out that you and Axiom were not on the same page as to the point of the discussion.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:41 PM

575 posts, read 1,778,605 times
Foreclosed means a lender has completed the foreclosure process and taken possession of the property.

Yes, there have been mistakes in the process, no one is disputing that.

Yes, there are lawyers who are willing to comb through foreclosure paperwork after the fact trying to find a procedural error to hang a case on.

I know you think I was being dismissive by posting my comments about the articles you cited. I wasn't. I read them all (admittedly I didn't spend much time on that one Huffington Post piece) I even did additional research on many of them to get at the facts.

It seems your contention is that the stories you posted are the tip of the iceberg and there are millions of others like them. But IMO the truth is likely the opposite.

Media types have been beating the bushes trying to find cases of wrongful foreclosure. I have to assume the ones they actually profile are the ones they feel best illustrate their claim that lenders are riding roughshod over borrowers. Personally I'm not buying it. As sad as stories about deaths, lost jobs, scams, incorrect addresses, etc may be, none of the stories you posted changed my mind that there's a whole lot more media sensationalism and political posturing going on than wrongful foreclosure.

Oh, and since someone asked, I'm not a fan of privatizing profits and socializing losses, at any level.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,291 times
Quote:

Oh, and since someone asked, I'm not a fan of privatizing profits and socializing losses, at any level.
That's good. Too bad that's what we got.

Please, Please, Please wake up America and realize we are on the verge of fascist tyranny.

Judge like some founders warned: when freedom is lost at the hands of security, your fooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs