Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 887 times

Advertisements

We are currently building a home with TRR and let's just say things could have been a WHOLE LOT SMOOTHER. However, we are building the Telluride and when we upgraded to the double sinks in the Smart Space bathroom they never told us that we had to request a second light fixture so they put ONE light between both sinks. When we tried to rectify this and they would not budge. We are paying close to $450k for this home and they could not accommodate us. They said they would investigate so this would not happen in the future and now we have to pay an electrician to come and add the 2 lights. This is a real shame that something as minor as this they could not have been resolved. The total process has taken nearly a year and we were going to back out at one point. If you don't have kids (because the schools aren't rated very highly) and don't mind the smell every now and again...AND have a year to wait then TRR may be for you too!
Just remember...buyer beware!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 868 times
Default Stop and smell the manure-reminiscent roses.

I currently live in TRR. I have been here since April 2012. Most of the "gripes," I have been reading on this post are experiences that could happen with any builder who is building several hundred homes in one area. I think people should look at the whole picture not just manure smell, poor builder-customer relations, etc. The area is flourishing with new builds monthly, more and more business are buying land in the surrounding area (2534 Development), and it's proximal to Greeley, Fort Collins, Loveland, and more inlcuding a great advantage of being really close to the interstate.

Also, the community is great; a lot of young families so crime in this subdivision is basically non-existent (without looking at statistics I can only go off of my experience and what I hear from neighbors.) Not to mention that in just three years the value of my home (The Irving) has increased by 20%, which is roughly, $47,000.00. That number will climb as more businesses come into the area. Business such as, Scheels, Bass Pro, Liberty Arms Institute (gun-range), multi-family luxury apartments, a behavioral therapy clinic, etc. I, for one, enjoy the heck out of my community. You won't get the luxury of competitive prices and community-oriented living in Fort Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs, Aspen or any other mountain town in Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area