Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 14,516 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into purchasing a nice gated community in SW Broward County; particularily interested in Miramar (west), Pembroke Pines (west), Weston, or any other communities that have affordable homes in the 325,000 to 400K price range for a min 3bed/ 2000 sqft.

Any suggestions on which gated communities I may find of interest??

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 10:55 AM

440 posts, read 1,495,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by japanesesoul View Post
I'm looking into purchasing a nice gated community in SW Broward County; particularily interested in Miramar (west), Pembroke Pines (west), Weston, or any other communities that have affordable homes in the 325,000 to 400K price range for a min 3bed/ 2000 sqft.

thanks

IMO Weston is nicer than anywhere in Miramar .... see Country Isles , The Meadows and The Ridges for 3/2 homes in the $ 400K price range .

Old 09-03-2007, 05:47 PM

11 posts, read 46,424 times
Dont overlook Cooper City, A rated schools, very low crime, rated as one of the top 10 communities to live in. Been here 20 years, but leaving soon to N florida,per job.My house goes up soon, not gated but your price range,selling low cause i already bought, give me a call.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:33 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
The problem with Weston is how generic it is... it's all the way out west and very boring... nice houses and gated communities, and that's about it.

I've heard nothing but good things about Cooper City.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
The problem with Weston is how generic it is... it's all the way out west and very boring... nice houses and gated communities, and that's about it.

I've heard nothing but good things about Cooper City.
PBCboy .... I agree with many of your posts , they are usually solid but I have to disagree with your views on Weston . My sister and her family live there and it is not boring ... you have an array of Restaurants ranging from Thai , Mexican , Cuban , and Italian to Colombian and Continental American as well as some excellent new bars including Swigs Bartini . You have several lovely well kept parks , soccer , baseball fields and basketball courts as well as roller hockey facilities and bike paths . You have a new state of the art regional park with a brand new YMCA , you have several cycling clubs , motorcycle clubs , martial arts clubs and facilities .

Their Town Center has outdoor jazz and other live music on the weekends as well as a ton of international festivals due to the large diversity of nationalities in the city .... In short in you have a family it is a great place to live ... I visit my sister almost every weekend and always enjoy going there especially during football season to argue with Jets fans and to sneak peeks at the beautiful women from New York , Brazil , Colombia and Venezuela that I see there in droves !!!

Cooper City is nice , but it is not as upscale as Weston and does not hold its property values as well .

I went to the beach yesterday ( Ft.Lauderdale ) with my girlfriend , my sis and her family and it took us 35 minutes to get to Las Olas leaving at 10:00 a.m. which is no big deal .

Old 09-04-2007, 04:59 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Too bad you limited yourself to a "gated" community as that leaves out the best part of Broward- Southwest Ranches. Probably too exclusive and expensive anyway, but definately a cut above Weston. Rememebr that no matter where you buy you have to lease the property from the Government for 2% of it's "assessed" value for life. Let's see, 400,000 x 2% = 8,000 per year.... not such a good deal huh?

Old 09-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Too bad you limited yourself to a "gated" community as that leaves out the best part of Broward- Southwest Ranches. Probably too exclusive and expensive anyway, but definately a cut above Weston. Rememebr that no matter where you buy you have to lease the property from the Government for 2% of it's "assessed" value for life. Let's see, 400,000 x 2% = 8,000 per year.... not such a good deal huh?
tallrick ... why do you insist on dissing Weston ?

How often do you get up to Southwest Ranches .... I am in the area frequently and yes it is nice , but are there some homes that are run down next to million dollar houses .... of course I see them all the time . What is there in South West Ranches other than more liberal if any HOA rules .. bigger yards and horse back riding that is about it . Did you know that kids from South West Ranches go to Weston schools , did you know that residents of South West Ranches use Weston amenities .. yes their parks , shopping and retail areas . Did you know that Weston has homes way more expensive and areas way more exclusive than South West Ranches ?

I like South West Ranches , it is a nice place and it is right next to Weston , but it is obvious you have not been out there recently . Go out there and you will see many , many homes on huge lots that are run down with pick up trucks and work vehicles sitting out front , nasty color schemes , etc , etc just the things you would not see in Weston . Why not allow the person inquiring about a residential community in Western Broward go out and see both places for themselves .... who knows they may like SouthWest Ranches more .... but allow them to make that choice themselves .

Old 09-04-2007, 11:36 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
"Go out there and you will see many , many homes on huge lots that are run down with pick up trucks and work vehicles sitting out front , nasty color schemes , etc , etc just the things you would not see in Weston "

I like diversity, that kind! Weston has nothing in it older than the 80's and every neighborhood looks like it's from a particular decade. A good friend of mine lives in Southwest Ranches, so I visit from time to time. Weston doesn't have any Florida character, if I wanted to live crammed in like that I would just buy in Hollywood.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
"Go out there and you will see many , many homes on huge lots that are run down with pick up trucks and work vehicles sitting out front , nasty color schemes , etc , etc just the things you would not see in Weston "

I like diversity, that kind! Weston has nothing in it older than the 80's and every neighborhood looks like it's from a particular decade. A good friend of mine lives in Southwest Ranches, so I visit from time to time. Weston doesn't have any Florida character, if I wanted to live crammed in like that I would just buy in Hollywood.
I guess our ideas of "diversity " are different .... I like clean , green and manicured streets and lawns . Weston probably does not have any Florida character with everyone being from New York , New Jersey , Connecticut , Rhode Island , Colombia , Venezuela or Brazil .... but that is fine by me as that is the "diversity " that I like . Again SW Ranches is nice , but I like Weston better .

Cheers

Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by japanesesoul View Post

thanks
In Cooper City, only Embassy Lakes (gated) may have something in the 400K range. The lots are smaller than my home in Flamingo Gardens West (not gated, no HOA). So many gated communities in Pembroke Pines (west of I-75, you'd have to drive around and take your pick on those).

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area