Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 5,041 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from Portland Oregon and need to be within an hour of Boca Raton. We have two elementary aged children and are looking for a good family community. Looking for suggestions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 06:03 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Boca to Weston is not an easy drive and if its done every day it really is a schlep especially with the Traffic here....Why not live in Boca? WE are very happy here and have very good schools....You can check out Del Prado or Calusa Elem..Also Check out Parkland they have too have very good schools...

Good Luck

Old 06-02-2012, 06:56 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Other than the long drive to Boca, Weston is a great choice.

But yes, why not simply live in Boca? (or Parkland)

Old 06-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post

Yes Ruski I agree Weston is a great place just figured to be closer

Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post

Yes Ruski I agree Weston is a great place...

Old 06-03-2012, 05:20 AM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
I would recommend in this case either Boca or Parkland as well. Both are really good places to live and very family-friendly also.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:31 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Why not live in Boca then? How did Weston ever come up?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 AM

166 posts, read 384,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbtelt View Post
We are relocating from Portland Oregon and need to be within an hour of Boca Raton. We have two elementary aged children and are looking for a good family community. Looking for suggestions...
People with elementary age children usually look in Coral Springs and Parkland that work in Boca. Parkland schools were rated #1 by Forbes magazine and the high school is in the top 1 percent in the nation, the reason why Parkland has held its value. We have lots of good family communities in Coral Springs and Parkland and both cities went up in value last year while Boca is still going down in value so not a good situation there yet.

Last edited by garyhitchcock; 06-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 PM

Sorry but I would not live in coral springs if one wants good schools just my opinion...I think Boca is a great buy right for the money as Value's will go up as we have very good schools here as well...our HS and Middle school ranks just as high as Parkland difference being Parkland is newer than Boca....the OP can go to greatschools.net and do your comparisons...or go to the Palm Beach school district report card and the broward county school district report card...good luck

Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,041 times
Thank you for all of the thoughts. When we looked in Boca it seemed like most of the homes were in gated communities that required a large membership fee and HOA dues to live there. We did drive around Parkland and thought it was nice but had heard good things about Weston and the schools all being A rated. We looked at Coral Springs as well but it didn't seem as nice to me. What do you all think of Del Ray Beach area? We found a home we really liked there but the schools weren't rated as high. Our most important criteria is a family community with great schools for our kids. My husband can work from home and doesn't have to go to his office everyday so he wasn't too worried about the commute. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area