Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 07:10 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGonzalez View Post
I've been told Miramar (by Pembroke Pines) has A schools. I normally go to the school district site and pick a school based on past grades for the school.
Miramar has okay schools, but Weston, or even the western part of Pembroke Pines is better. I also remember Miramar having high crime.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:41 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Lol THX I believed I asked you in my last post if you've ever lived in both states. Why live in florida if you feel so strongly about the negatives?
I am doing well here but I am lucky, it's just that others are not...I was raised to be empathetic and came from nothing, so I suppose I am just wired differently? I do not like seeing people suffering who have BS or MS degrees waiting tables or working dead end jobs that pay peanuts, it's a waste of brainpower and potential.

I manage a lot of young interns or recent graduates, many are struggling here to get ahead, have high student loan debts, have to live with their parents to survive and many do not plan on staying in South Florida or Florida period due to the major brain drain here. I am not in a position to pay them more money, it's not my call I try to be fair with all of them, no favoritism but the firm only pays so much to recent graduates by budget and many are struggling to go out on their own here. Just cannot afford it.

Then I meet people in my social and business circle life who are either haves or have nothings, a lot of BS and MS Degree holders working jobs that are not going to help them gain any experience and will only set them back, just to live here. It's their call, many do not look at the dollar but also are not looking ahead towards the competition they will have for what little in jobs will exist once the onslaught of labor from China and India comes knocking...the largest investment in real estate in the USA is here, from people who live elsewhere mainly China and beyond.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:46 PM

29 posts, read 110,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
I am doing well here but I am lucky, it's just that others are not...I was raised to be empathetic and came from nothing, so I suppose I am just wired differently? I do not like seeing people suffering who have BS or MS degrees waiting tables or working dead end jobs that pay peanuts, it's a waste of brainpower and potential.

I manage a lot of young interns or recent graduates, many are struggling here to get ahead, have high student loan debts, have to live with their parents to survive and many do not plan on staying in South Florida or Florida period due to the major brain drain here. I am not in a position to pay them more money, it's not my call I try to be fair with all of them, no favoritism but the firm only pays so much to recent graduates by budget and many are struggling to go out on their own here. Just cannot afford it.

Then I meet people in my social and business circle life who are either haves or have nothings, a lot of BS and MS Degree holders working jobs that are not going to help them gain any experience and will only set them back, just to live here. It's their call, many do not look at the dollar but also are not looking ahead towards the competition they will have for what little in jobs will exist once the onslaught of labor from China and India comes knocking...the largest investment in real estate in the USA is here, from people who live elsewhere mainly China and beyond.
And you should know that's all over the US not just florida. How about New York? How many individuals struggle there where COL is much much higher than here or California. It's a little tough to generalize a nationwide issue but I do commend you on your honesty and the ability to see beyond your business. And just so you know, granted it doesn't matter I have had to fend for myself since I was 15 I was a teen mom and have managed to become a success while taking care of my child with little to no help. We all come from different backgrounds its up to the person though how much drive they have to become a success. Not every high school drop out is a failure and not every Degree holding individual is a success. It's all about what you yourself make of what you have. "There are those who fight and those who lay down and die"

Old 08-24-2013, 08:19 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Not every high school drop out is a failure and not every Degree holding individual is a success. It's all about what you yourself make of what you have. "There are those who fight and those who lay down and die"
Problem is, the high school drop out does not have $24K to $100K in student loan debt upon graduation and competes against many who have degrees that cannot find a job for the same wages.

Student Loan Debt Statistics - American Student Assistance

Millennials' ball-and-chain: Student loan debt

Half of Outstanding Student Loan Debt Isn't Being Repaid - US News and World Report

You can fight all you want here, but for many they won't be able to punch their way out of a wet paper bag...regardless how hard they try.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:26 PM

29 posts, read 110,332 times
Lol take care THX your links won't convince me otherwise. Experience vs Internet (it's a no brainer) good night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area