Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:46 AM

109 posts, read 140,993 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I didn't disregard what you were saying. As for lender options, doing FHA would be my option right now (my realtor has searched within that criteria as well). No way I have 70k+ for a 20% down payment right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 12:28 PM

3,234 posts, read 3,189,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sla07 View Post
Thanks for the feedback wizrap. The only real alternative is to just move west around cooper city and commute in. I'm not sure how long/crappy of a drive that would be though off if university drive and 595 area. Thoughts on that?
That drive has gotten better in the past few months as there is now an express lane (tolls are less than $2) that goes west to east during the morning rush hour and reverses itself in the afternoon. Depending on what part of Cooper City you settle in, if it's near Flamingo Road, then you can take that 595 express to 441. If you're closer to the turnpike, then 95 to 595 to 441.

It's not a terrible terrible drive because it's mostly highway. If you and your GF commute slightly before or after the main rush hour (8 am for morning commute, about 5:30 PM for afternoon), I would guess you could get to work in about 30 or so minutes, but 45 is more likely (I am accounting for traffic lights on E. Broward for your GF and a few lights for you on 441 -- Broward is just the next intersection after Davie Blvd, which abuts 441 and 595). But if you're commuting during rush hour, I would budget an hour just to be safe.

Good luck -- Cooper City is very nice and I really think it is an overlooked gem in west Broward.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:57 AM

191 posts, read 317,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Good luck -- Cooper City is very nice and I really think it is an overlooked gem in west Broward.
Love Cooper City myself...

Anyway, depending on the time - you can take Griffin Rd to 441 and then north from there. There are a few lights, but generally traffic moves quickly. 595 is probably faster if you are close to it.

Getting all the way to E. Broward is kind of a pain regardless of where you are coming from, unless you already live on the east side. Everything bottlenecks between 441 and US1 along all of the major east-west roads near downtown.

Really, considering where you two have to commute to, living on the east side would make your driving considerably easier. You could also look at some places in Plantation or Sunrise. There would still be some east-west traffic to deal with, but you aren't tacking some north-south time on to it. Of course you really need to do your research on where to live in those particular areas. Some neighborhoods can be questionable.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 PM

thanks for all the feedback…really the idea is to try and keep the least amount of commute as possible, so it hinders us as far as locations…i think 20 minutes top (with traffic) is about as much as we want to do at this point…im not sure cooper city would fit the bill on it although i did see a really nice townhome there which hit pretty much all my criteria…just not close "enough" to work i dont think...

Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 AM

97 posts, read 136,758 times
I have a townhouse in Plantation that I could sell to you. It is like 5 minutes from I-595. Like 5 minutes from Broward Boulevard. It is between Pine Island and Nob Hill Rd.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enero6 View Post
I have a townhouse in Plantation that I could sell to you. It is like 5 minutes from I-595. Like 5 minutes from Broward Boulevard. It is between Pine Island and Nob Hill Rd.
that actually might be a consideration…shoot me a PM if youd like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area