Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:37 AM

245 posts, read 1,171,187 times

Advertisements

What's the best daycare in Broward County for 0-4yrs old???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 PM

64 posts, read 169,141 times
We used to use Childtime in Tamarac. Not sure where you are looking...its West Broward if you are unfamiliar with the area. They are great Miss Nancy is the 0-12 months room and she is the best, easily. We had to pull our kid out because she got really sick, but we still use another girl -- Miss Cindy -- for babysitting. They are a national organization, so definitely look them up.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:41 AM

346 posts, read 1,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTOSFLA View Post
What's the best daycare in Broward County for 0-4yrs old???
Both my kids go to Trinity Learning Center in Lighthouse Point. Best kept secret in Broward. Here's their website.

Trinity Learning Center Online

Old 04-22-2010, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 21,457 times
I'm looking for pre-school for my 4yr old daughter. What's the best pre-school in Broward County? I live in Dania Beach. Some where around Dania, Hollywood.....Thank you!!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
There are so many options in an area like Broward - the answer depends on your needs, location and your child and his/her needs. A good starting point in my opinion is Naeyc, mapping and then actually visiting the locations - I did it with my children and usually I had an immediate reaction - good or bad - I also asked alot of questions and had a list of wants (for example) when I walk in I dont want any delay in being able to get back to the care area; a well tenured staff and a slightly higher price means they are usually getting paid at least a bit better.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,367,900 times
My suggestion would be to get daycare close to where you work. Dania nor Hollywood has any spectacular daycares- I promise. I lived in hollywood and drove to Pembroke Pines- to One Step at a Time Academy. LOVE THIS PLACE! But moved to Davie and am not impressed with the difference in the school (daycare). Knob Hill and 595 has Creative Learning Center and has a fantastic reputation. Note: Stop in without an appointment, dont let them clean up their mess first. See what kind of control the teachers have with the kids, and how they re-direct their attention if misbahavior is present. Also, if you call the school a daycare and they reply with "school" or "learning center" ive noticed they are proud because they actually teach and not just watch the kids.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 AM

1 posts, read 12,623 times
Do anyone know anything about nob hill academy on stirling road?i don't mean to offend anyone in know way,my daughter and my granddaughter are students at nob hill academy. I notice their staff is majority spanish with pequeno english.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUCATION3 View Post
Do anyone know anything about nob hill academy on stirling road?i don't mean to offend anyone in know way,my daughter and my granddaughter are students at nob hill academy. I notice their staff is majority spanish with pequeno english.
So, you mean they don't speak English very well? Well, how is their capitalization, grammar etc? I am familiar with the area, but not specifically with the Nob Hill Academy... Many people believe becoming conversant in two languages is not a bad thing.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 9,171 times
Smile Best Preschool in Broward County

The best preschool in broward county by far, locations in Weston, Davie and Coral Springs. Stop by for a tour, you wont regret it.[url]http://creativechildlearningcenter.com/cclc_davie_photos.html[/url]

Old 07-05-2014, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,525 times
Thank you so much for clearing that up I could not have said it better, this is the concern I am having as well, I love my cultured family , be it Italian, German, French Creole, Spanish, etc, but I do want my grand son to speak correct english first. not broken english , I don't care what nationality the teacher is but as long as they speak english correctly , not half one language and english as the other, my grandson is 2 and I saw a school that I thought was perfect, the director was sooooooo nice , I told her the exact same thing, I had him in a school, the teacher was so sweet and kind ,,love her to death , but her english was very broken, so I had to make a decision let him stay because I really liked her or do I take him out to secure his future, I had to pull him out, before he started to speak the way she does, he is 2 and they are just now starting to talk well enough to copy the tones of the person who he spend most of his day with, and that was unexceptionable to me,,at the new school I expressed my concern with the director , and she oh so agreed wholeheartedly with me ,,so when I met the teacher , she said Hello and smiled at lot , the director assured me I would not have that problem there , she LIED, the teacher's english is very broken, so I am in search of a school where the 2 yr old teachers speak ENGLISH FLUENTLY, I live in the Broward -Margate/ Coconut creek area, if anyone can help me that would be great !!!!

Desperate Grandma

Last edited by concernedgrandma30363; 07-05-2014 at 09:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area