Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 11:47 PM

4 posts, read 6,610 times

Advertisements

We're relocating to Florida from the Seattle area, we have family in Miami and want to live close to them. We're looking to buy a home in Broward county under $650k (5 bedrooms), we will both be working 100% remotely thus we're open to any city/neighborhood with great public schools.
Our main criteria is a good school district. Based on my research I'm looking at houses in Weston, Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Parkland, West Boca Raton and Coral Springs.
Which areas would you recommend for best public schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 09:28 AM

3,240 posts, read 3,198,364 times
Parkland & Weston tend to generate the most buzz. Your budget will go farther in the remaining cities you listed.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:52 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
You'll want to avoid Pembroke Pines, Miramar, and Coral Springs.

Look at Weston, Parkland, west Davie, and Cooper City. That's pretty much the only decent schools in the county. Cooper City is outstanding and "affordable" - though I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a 5 bedroom house there.

Old 11-14-2020, 08:37 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna08 View Post
We're relocating to Florida from the Seattle area, we have family in Miami and want to live close to them. We're looking to buy a home in Broward county under $650k (5 bedrooms), we will both be working 100% remotely thus we're open to any city/neighborhood with great public schools.
Our main criteria is a good school district. Based on my research I'm looking at houses in Weston, Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Parkland, West Boca Raton and Coral Springs.
Which areas would you recommend for best public schools?
Best public schools?

Weston
Parkland

West Boca, yes, for the most part. Although that's not Broward anymore, and is farther from Miami. Also when you look in Boca, you need to make sure there is no mandatory golf club membership (some homes have attractive prices, but come with ridiculously high yearly membership fees)

Old 11-14-2020, 08:40 AM

Thank you everyone for the advice!
I'll focus on Parkland & Weston. Any main differences between these cities? Are they suburbs or big cities?

Old 11-14-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna08 View Post
Thank you everyone for the advice!
I'll focus on Parkland & Weston. Any main differences between these cities? Are they suburbs or big cities?
Weston and Parkland are rather suburbs. Kind of like Redmond or Kirkland or Bellevue that you have near Seattle, but more residential than commercial, not as many tall buildings.

Old 11-14-2020, 10:55 AM

278 posts, read 317,120 times
Weston from my experience has alot more going on in terms restaurants and entertainment. It also borders alot more entertainment options and shopping in nearby towns ( check out sawgrass, university drive, pembroke lakes mall etc...). For me, although parkland is as beautiful, I would vote weston simply because it has all the benefits of parkland, without the main negatives.

Old 11-14-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Weston and Parkland are rather suburbs. Kind of like Redmond or Kirkland or Bellevue that you have near Seattle, but more residential than commercial, not as many tall buildings.
This is the kind of suburb we're looking for! We live in the suburbs on the North Eastside, Bothell, so ideally we'd like a very similar city. Thank you, it sounds like both cities would be great.

Old 11-14-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
Weston from my experience has alot more going on in terms restaurants and entertainment. It also borders alot more entertainment options and shopping in nearby towns ( check out sawgrass, university drive, pembroke lakes mall etc...). For me, although parkland is as beautiful, I would vote weston simply because it has all the benefits of parkland, without the main negatives.
indeed, Parkland kind of lacks in that department.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:44 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Weston has a MUCH better location than Parkland - closer to the things you may want to do. Parkland is cheaper, accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area