Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 20,517 times

Advertisements

Boost phones do tend to cover more than half of the U.S. but boost phones also have worst connections. Metro phones don't even have a coverage over half of the U.S. but there are much better connections and the internet is so much faster than it is on boost phones. Boost phones are cheaper than metro but they also aren't as good. Metro phones are very expensive unless your going for the cheap 20 dollar phone. You could also get metro phones on Ebay or craigslist brand new and cheaper. I went through the same situation as well. I decided to go for boost though and it wasn't good. I went through boost in Tennessee and some time of Florida, but after about a month i switched to metro. The boost phone was nice but it was just the connections and how slow the messages came in. Now that i'm through metro its much faster, about 10 dollars cheaper, and it's nicer phones. So with my experience i would say metro pcs is the way to go.

Last edited by CheyanneMarie; 11-22-2010 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 20,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana101 View Post
i havent had boost yet but iwant to.. i currently have metro right now and wen im on the fone for a long time the call drops and it drops late at night. . .and in the early morning between 1-5am my txt messages wont go threw, so i cant txt anybody when i need to. . .and from what ive herd boost is alot better with that
dont get boost read the comment below yours and jus trust me metro or straight talk is the way to go. (:

Old 01-31-2011, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 9,779 times
I was with sprint for almost 15 years and just switch over to metroPCS and love it. I had the smart phone now I have a droid phone (Absolutely love it) I travel ALL over the country and never had a problem. I looked at boost yesterday I didn't know they existed but I have nothing bad to say about them but I didn't like the choice of phones. I'm a big Proponent of getting what you pay but it's a deal for more services that do not nickel and dime you for hidden state charges you've never heard of I like that money in my pocket

Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 PM

711 posts, read 1,857,079 times
How about Cricket? Their prices are competitive and South Florida appears to be in their coverage area.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 9,473 times
before merto pcs suck but now there company is doing good ..... they are having a lot of coverage around the world .... as for me ill stick with merto pcs .. boost moblie is not even a real company it under sprint... so merto all daii

Old 04-20-2011, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 9,269 times
I love my boost phone. I am waiting the new samsung galaxy prevail phone. It comes out next week. Metro pcs has a lot of dropped calls and when you pay your bill you still paying $2 extra for your bill thats crazy. Boost mobile is not like that. So i would boost is better and i think metro pcs might go out of buiness becuase boost mobile has a big coverage than metro. Peace.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:49 PM

73 posts, read 265,082 times
Does either one have a special for getting an additional line? Or is it $50 for each line?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 6,842 times
I currently have AT&T. Long story but I have been with them for about 20 years. (unbelievable) I would think being one of the biggest companies in phone service and oldest they would be cheaper. Haven't they made their money? Apparently NOT. I have a $20 package for unlimited text. A $30 package for unlimited internet and email usage. My bill for ONE line of 450 anytime minutes w/ free nights and weekends w/rollover minutes is 39.99 with taxes and fees and probably another package for multimedia texts costs me $132 monthly. It is ridiculous. But I don't get dropped calls, reception is everywhere and once I learned how to talk to the customer service reps who are all in India I get good service when I need it. I would however, like to not have to use the A La Carte phone plan. Can't I get ONE plan, ONE bill on ONE phone? Why all this add on crap? Plus if I get rid of my $30 unlimited data I will never get it again, they phased that out and I habitually go over their most expensive "all inclusive" media plan. I am thinking Boost b/c I have an issue with Metro's lack of coverage. I have a lot more research to do since I have been with AT&T for so long. I don't want to leave as it will be expensive to come back.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:22 AM

1 posts, read 6,525 times
metro pcs's have good phones with more options especially with smarts phones , but boost have ugly phones who get a butter connections and free international calls if you pay a another $10.00 ON THE TOP OF YOU REGULAR MONTHLY PAYMENT , AND YOU TOTAL PAYMENT WILL BE $65.00 GREAT SPRINT NETWORK WITHOUT DROPPING CALLS BUT YOU GET STOCKED WITH FRIENDLY UGLY NON ATTRACTIVE PHONES UNLESS YOU PURCHASE HTC BOOST SMART ONE AND THAT WILL COST YOU A LOT WE ALL GETS WHAT WE PAY FOR BUT NO HASSLE OF CONTRACT AND OVER CHARGES FROM , AT&T, SPRINT AND VERIZON , THANKS GOD WE ARE FREE.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 AM

140 posts, read 504,712 times
Straight Talk is the best one...Hands Down!!!! It uses Verizon or AT&T service depending on the phone you choose. I been to many cities and Straight Talk is the best quality and most reliable in every area.

$45 unlimited everything!!!!

Call any walmart in any state...and ask the cellphone department what's the best prepaid phone...they will say straight talk. Best service...and you can go anywhere in the US and it will still work. Boost or Metro..you never know. People in the know use Straight Talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area