Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you hate it? Check all that apply.
Rude people 117 40.07%
Too many Hispanics (or insert group you don't like) 87 29.79%
No diversity 21 7.19%
Crime 88 30.14%
Bad schools 72 24.66%
No jobs 78 26.71%
Too crowded 86 29.45%
Nothing to do/boring/bland 43 14.73%
Terrible weather 56 19.18%
Traffic 85 29.11%
I could tolerate the typical metro area problems here if it was cheaper. 58 19.86%
I don't hate it here 104 35.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:09 PM

294 posts, read 1,149,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I have no problems with anyone loving or hating whatever place they live or lived in. It's everyone's right. I just like to hear intelligent, and well thought out reasons why they love or hate the area they are talking about.
MisterNY - yours is exactly how an anti-South Florida post should look. I sense you took a few deep breaths and actually thought out what you were going to say without letting your emotional reaction to So Flo's ills get the best of you. I respect that.

My biggest gripe with this whole conversation is that the same ten or so posters go around in circles with their same worn arguments (myself included) and we really don't get anywhere constructive. It would just be nice to hear from a few other people out there who live here to share how they cope with the difficulties of life in So Fla and why they like/hate living here. I think we all agree that there are issues - we just react to and perceive them differently.

Coming to this forum used to give me a lot of energy. Nowadays, it's almost a depressing chore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 10:30 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
MisterNY - yours is exactly how an anti-South Florida post should look. I sense you took a few deep breaths and actually thought out what you were going to say without letting your emotional reaction to So Flo's ills get the best of you. I respect that.

Coming to this forum used to give me a lot of energy. Nowadays, it's almost a depressing chore.

Thank you. I dont hate the place. From 1 to 10, I rate Florida at a 6-6.5. No hate, but no love either. I'm content in many aspects of my life. I just don't care for Florida. It doesn't mean it's the worse place on Earth, I just dont care for it.

I can relocate to Alaska, and will try to find the best of it. I'll spend more energy finding what's good about Alaska, than what's not. That's the type of person that I am. I'm a realist, I see the glass for what it is. I dont wine about things all day. I try to improve what I can in my life in a particular environment, no matter where I live (Florida included).

Thanks again.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:34 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post

My biggest gripe with this whole conversation is that the same ten or so posters go around in circles with their same worn arguments (myself included) and we really don't get anywhere constructive. It would just be nice to hear from a few other people out there who live here to share how they cope with the difficulties of life in So Fla and why they like/hate living here. I think we all agree that there are issues - we just react to and perceive them differently.

I'm perfectly capable of talking about the "negatives" of living in South Florida, without invoking anything emotional. I can even tell you how I'd improve South Florida, if that's what you'd like me to do?

I just get a little fed up with being made to feel like there's something wrong with ME, just because I'm not happy here. Some of you make it seem like anyone who complains about South Florida will never be happy anywhere, which is the biggest load of BS that I've ever heard.

If you are indirectly referring to anything I've said about Hialeah, I can honestly tell you that I was speaking the truth...no emotion, just personal experience. If you wish to deny it, that's your problem, not mine.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
If you are indirectly referring to anything I've said about Hialeah, I can honestly tell you that I was speaking the truth...no emotion, just personal experience. If you wish to deny it, that's your problem, not mine.

I dont think anyone would or should be mad at what you said about Hialeah.

I avoid that place as much as I can. You are not alone for hating it. I have nothing nice to say about that place. I'd rather live in the South Bronx than be in Hialeah.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:27 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
I'd rather live in the South Bronx than be in Hialeah.
okay dude, what you got against the south bronx, huh? you don't like it because you think new yorkers have attitudes, huh? whatever gave you that impression, dude?

j/k, buddy. i hear ya.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 AM

436 posts, read 1,089,262 times
Aaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy......... I'm from Brooklyn, ehh???? (gold chains and hamburger meat coming from out of my shirt). Got the gold bracelet on both wrists, mis-matching bracelets at that, Lol. Gonna go cruz' South Flaahrida in my van, see what kinda' trouble I can stir up, aayyy.....

Old 03-29-2009, 05:42 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Thank you. I dont hate the place. From 1 to 10, I rate Florida at a 6-6.5. No hate, but no love either. I'm content in many aspects of my life. I just don't care for Florida. It doesn't mean it's the worse place on Earth, I just dont care for it.

I can relocate to Alaska, and will try to find the best of it. I'll spend more energy finding what's good about Alaska, than what's not. That's the type of person that I am. I'm a realist, I see the glass for what it is. I dont wine about things all day. I try to improve what I can in my life in a particular environment, no matter where I live (Florida included).

Thanks again.
MisterNY .... kudos to you my friend as your posts are always intelligent and civil as well as thought provoking . I like Florida much more than you do , and I do not agree with all of your posts yet is a pleasure to read opinions that differ from one's own that are posted with rationale and civility .

Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
I dont think anyone would or should be mad at what you said about Hialeah.

I avoid that place as much as I can. You are not alone for hating it. I have nothing nice to say about that place. I'd rather live in the South Bronx than be in Hialeah.
I have to agree , although I like most of SoFla ... Hialeah is nasty in my opinion ... most of my Hispanic friends both Cuban and non Cuban feel the same way and in fact joke about Hialeah all the time . I was at a get together in Coral Springs recently and several of our friends in attendance are Hispanic and one in particular who is Cuban American commented sarcastically that I looked like I was from Hialeah because I was wearing what I thought "mistakenly " was quite the cool "Guayabera" shirt I picked up in Panama recently this set off a long round of Hialeah jokes , that turned out to be quite the hysterical sociology lesson for our non Hispanic friends in attendance at the get - together .

Old 03-29-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
MisterNY .... kudos to you my friend as your posts are always intelligent and civil as well as thought provoking . I like Florida much more than you do , and I do not agree with all of your posts yet is a pleasure to read opinions that differ from one's own that are posted with rationale and civility .

Thanks again, Rock Newman.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:30 AM

294 posts, read 1,149,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
I wasn't targeting any one individual but rather the culture of this forum and what is has become. I actually agree with your assessment of Hialeah - I hate the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area