Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,611 times

Advertisements

My small, new family might be moving to Coral Springs for my husbands career. We are very excited, but at the same time we are apprehensive. We currently live in Phoenix and we are not at all sad about leaving, but we are still unsure about things in FL. Here are some questions we have about Florida:

1. What is traffic like in the Coral Springs area? (I work 20 miles from home and it takes me 45 minutes to get there.)

2. What is the farthest distance I should look for in a job if I live in C.S.?

3. What is the current condition of the economy in FL?

Thank you to anyone who has advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,768,637 times
bad and gettin worse from what I hear - I would like to move too.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelT&T View Post
My small, new family might be moving to Coral Springs for my husbands career. We are very excited, but at the same time we are apprehensive. We currently live in Phoenix and we are not at all sad about leaving, but we are still unsure about things in FL. Here are some questions we have about Florida:

1. What is traffic like in the Coral Springs area? (I work 20 miles from home and it takes me 45 minutes to get there.)

2. What is the farthest distance I should look for in a job if I live in C.S.?

3. What is the current condition of the economy in FL?

Thank you to anyone who has advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
bad and gettin worse from what I hear - I would like to move too.
me too...but with all the bad news coming out from down there.....looks like only 998 people will be moving there today!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM

LOL - good one Miles - how are things - no beach today boy! It is chilly in even for NY standards.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
LOL - good one Miles - how are things - no beach today boy! It is chilly in even for NY standards.
It sure is Chelsa! I think the OP can see some of the other good threads you've started in the Fort Lauderdale Forum and she'll get a good insight for some of the questions she's asking.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:20 PM

8 posts, read 25,274 times
Well, number one, you will get great advice from this site. Many others have asked questions about relocating to SFL. Read all that you can from here and hopefully your questions will be answered.

Number two, you don't say if you have ever been to SFL before. If not, is there any way you can go there for a week or two? If you can, remember to look at SFL as a resident not as a tourist.

Number three, every place has its good points and bad points. I know people who live in SFL and absolutely love it but there are others who wished they were back home or elsewhere. It's just a matter of whether or not SFL will be able to live up to your standards.

Number four, best of luck.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Mooie, where are you from? I'm curious. I'm hearing such negativity about the job market, but it really is bad every where. Do you know anyone who has gotten a job lately? I'm wondering what are the criterias one needs to get a job there.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
Rachel>

1. Traffic is not bad in Coral Springs. However, if your job is located in lets say downtown Fort Lauderdale then you'll hit some heavy congestion traveling on the expressways, and even on the local roads in the mornings.

2. The farthest distance- You can work anywhere in Broward County and its pretty commutable. You could even commute to West Palm Beach or Miami, but West Palm is a little far north mile-wise and Miami is close but the traffic heading into the area is really bad during rush hours.

3. The economy is horrible here. I realize it is bad everywhere in the U.S. but its really magnified here in South Florida. But you really have to think in terms of your individual situation. If you have a good job offer then the economy isn't so bad for you, right? Just make sure that you and your spouse have good jobs lines up, and that in the event that one of you are laid off or cannot find work the other spouse can pay the bills in the short term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area