Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times

Advertisements

been there done that, I like the heat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 04:00 PM

789 posts, read 2,563,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Me 3 = more heat - more eyefood.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Great post! Couldn't say it any better. I will take cold weather over heat any day. With cold weather you can add clothing and do other things to stay warm outside. When its hot and humid outside you can't do much for that, than get in a pool (as the ocean is usually like a bathtub temp wise) or go inside. Oh and Skin Cancer is another thing, Floridians have to watch out for, especially those of us born and raised here. The only people that have great weather most of the year are on the west coast of this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
March-April are wish-washy months depending on the year. There are some years where those months are constantly hot, but other years where they are warm one week and cool the next. Once May hits the intense heat/humidity really kicks in, and so do the afternoon thunderstorms. August is by far the worst month, but June, July, September, and October aren't far behind. By about the 2nd week of November things cool down a little on a good year, but remain muggy/hot on a bad year. December is wishy-washy as well. The only months that are consistently comfortable are January and February.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:27 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default Texas is better,

Snow is much lighter than dirt, no comparison there to sand or dirt.
I have an Ariens snow thrower but the cars rust from the salt put on the highways, car batteries fail, watch your step icy walks are dangerous
as are streets. Gas Bills of 500.00 are common if you have a house
over 2000 sq feet.
Never mind the dogs , the danger of being stranded and frozen,
some victims are not found until spring thaw, buried in the snow bank
from a fall or covered by a plow truck. Frostbite ,aching bones and
asthmatics beware the north is no place for anyone, san antone is a
far better place. 26 years there 30 years up here in the winter wasteland
will teach you, an all gray and black winter is not a place to vacation
or live.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:40 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default Ever heard of skiing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Snow is much lighter than dirt, no comparison there to sand or dirt.
I have an Ariens snow thrower but the cars rust from the salt put on the highways, car batteries fail, watch your step icy walks are dangerous
as are streets. Gas Bills of 500.00 are common if you have a house
over 2000 sq feet.
Never mind the dogs , the danger of being stranded and frozen,
some victims are not found until spring thaw, buried in the snow bank
from a fall or covered by a plow truck. Frostbite ,aching bones and
asthmatics beware the north is no place for anyone, san antone is a
far better place. 26 years there 30 years up here in the winter wasteland
will teach you, an all gray and black winter is not a place to vacation
or live.
A lot of people pay big bucks to go to ski lodges, all over the country and the world.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:10 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
A lot of people pay big bucks to go to ski lodges, all over the country and the world.

On the General US forum, there was a post by someone in NJ who wanted to know where in the country gets the most snow so he could vacation there with his GF. He said he wants somewhere that gets plummeted with snow and bitter cold. Said NJ doesn't get enough and he enjoys being snowed in. I guess there are people out there who love lots of snow, huh? Most of my friends want as much snow as possible since they love skiing.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Reality check for those fellas who wish to impose their own metabolism on others....some people actually prefer the heat to the cold. If Chelsa prefers that, then it's her prerogative, isn't it? She isn't asking you to feel the same way, is she?

Find someting else to bash S. Florida about, but it's not your responsibility to dictate to someone how they must feel about heat vs. cold.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
I haven't read many of your post's, so I'm guessing that you want to move there? If so, know this, 'living' in Florida is alot different than taking a vacation there. First of all, the heat that you enjoy, you might not after a few months, day in and day out with no relief. NYC summers are brutal, I agree. But there are definitely breaks in the action compared to Florida.

You thinking Florida is going to be all pools and beaches, is really only true if you're retired. And take it from someone who has done that before, it gets boring hanging around pools and beaches all day every day. You might not think so now, but trust me, it will!

Drive around Florida early evening, and I don't care where at in Florida either. It will look almost like a ghost town everywhere you look. For some reason, Florida people don't like being outside, even if the weather is nice. People have a romantic idea about Florida almost as bad as people do about NYC. Something to think about...........

Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
On the General US forum, there was a post by someone in NJ who wanted to know where in the country gets the most snow so he could vacation there with his GF. He said he wants somewhere that gets plummeted with snow and bitter cold. Said NJ doesn't get enough and he enjoys being snowed in. I guess there are people out there who love lots of snow, huh? Most of my friends want as much snow as possible since they love skiing.

Hi Rachael, hope all is well with you and your fiance and best with the new home you're moving in to!!!

I want to suggest to you and Mom that it's quite okay for you guys to hate Florida and hot weather. That's your right..but a smart thing for others is to recognize that we're all different. Some of us love hot weather year-round and love Florida.

America is big enough to accommodate us all so we can all pursue our dreams wherever that leads. And no one has to knock another person down or that person's dreams in order to make their own dreams good, isn't that so?

Best to you and I hope Mom gets back to NY soon....I'm sure you miss her!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Hi Rachael, hope all is well with you and your fiance and best with the new home you're moving in to!!!

I want to suggest to you and Mom that it's quite okay for you guys to hate Florida and hot weather. That's your right..but a smart thing for others is to recognize that we're all different. Some of us love hot weather year-round and love Florida.

America is big enough to accommodate us all so we can all pursue our dreams wherever that leads. And no one has to knock another person down or that person's dreams in order to make their own dreams good, isn't that so?

Best to you and I hope Mom gets back to NY soon....I'm sure you miss her!!!

I don't hate Florida. I just wouldn't want to live there. I think people assume I hate it too, but I don't. It's a nice place to vacation to from time to time, but I could never imagine living there.

But thanks, Miles. Glad to see you're still on CD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area