Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:55 PM

15 posts, read 43,492 times

Advertisements

Can I get feedback on a neighborhood called Highland Meadows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,916,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenmarieg View Post
Highland Meadows is in The Meadows development in Weston. It is right across the street from Gator Run Elementary School. The models in Highland Meadows are very similar to those in The Marshes I in Savanna. They also built them in another section of Savanna and in Hunter's Point in Weston Hills Country Club as well as in The Ridges.

The Meadows is very nice.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,911 times
Quote:

Highland Meadows is the most upscale sub division within the community called The Meadows .... it is by all accounts a nice , manicured , safe neighborhood . It is in front of Gator Run Elementary School and a nice park called Gator Run Park ... also it is one of the most Northwest neighborhoods in Weston thus a stones throw from I-75 . We have friends who live in Highland Meadows and are very happy there .

Old 11-01-2009, 09:35 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Highland Meadows is in The Meadows development in Weston. It is right across the street from Gator Run Elementary School. The models in Highland Meadows are very similar to those in The Marshes I in Savanna. They also built them in another section of Savanna and in Hunter's Point in Weston Hills Country Club as well as in The Ridges.

The Meadows is very nice.
Agree on all points

Old 11-02-2009, 04:43 AM

98 posts, read 471,269 times
we have friends there, the Meadows is a very nice development.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Thank you all! I am so torn between Parkland and Weston. I found homes in both areas that I love, but I am so worried about not making a good investment. I've lost 70% of the equity in my home as it stands and I worry about buying in Florida when I keep seeing housing prices plummet. I have houses saved in my favorites while waiting for my house to sell (which I am worried I will carry two mortgages) and I would hate to end up in the same situation in a few years (buying too high). UGGGH.

I also don't want to buy in an area where it is all young families with toddlers even though I have a five year old and 7 month old, I also have a 20, 18 and 15 year old, LOL. I would like an area where the mom's are in their late 30's to early 40's so I can possibly make friends that are closer to my age.

Would you consider The Meadows more of a Starter neighborhood with young families or a more established neighborhood with middle school and highschoolers, or more of a mix?

Weston is so expensive compared to where we are. We are in Collierville, TN and $500K puts you in an affluent area.

If I wanted to spend between $550K to $625K for a minimum of 3800sf, what neighborhoods would you recommend?

Thanks so much for any help. This whole move is so stressful. We need to being out there mid December and it is really stressing me out!

Kirsten

Old 11-04-2009, 03:34 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,916,614 times
Quote:
Thank you all! I am so torn between Parkland and Weston. I found homes in both areas that I love, but I am so worried about not making a good investment. I've lost 70% of the equity in my home as it stands and I worry about buying in Florida when I keep seeing housing prices plummet. I have houses saved in my favorites while waiting for my house to sell (which I am worried I will carry two mortgages) and I would hate to end up in the same situation in a few years (buying too high). UGGGH.

I also don't want to buy in an area where it is all young families with toddlers even though I have a five year old and 7 month old, I also have a 20, 18 and 15 year old, LOL. I would like an area where the mom's are in their late 30's to early 40's so I can possibly make friends that are closer to my age.

Would you consider The Meadows more of a Starter neighborhood with young families or a more established neighborhood with middle school and highschoolers, or more of a mix?

Weston is so expensive compared to where we are. We are in Collierville, TN and $500K puts you in an affluent area.

If I wanted to spend between $550K to $625K for a minimum of 3800sf, what neighborhoods would you recommend?

Thanks so much for any help. This whole move is so stressful. We need to being out there mid December and it is really stressing me out!

Kirsten
I think you will find a mix of ages in Highland Meadows. I know some people who live in that section. Their kids range in age from are ages 10-20. There are also families with small kids. Highland Meadows is the most expensive section of The Meadows.

The same houses can also be found in Savanna, The Ridges and Weston Hills Country Club. WHCC is more prestigious, but there are no community facilities there for any of the kids. Savanna and The Ridges are less prestigious but have vast community centers. The Meadows has a community pool, but does not have the large community facilities that Savanna and The Ridges have.

I also like Tequesta in your price range. Older homes, nicely kept but with much larger yards than the other communities.

In Weston there are activities for kids of all ages (not just toddlers), but not many for teens. Both Weston and Parkland are far from the Fort Lauderdale nightlife that your older kids might want. It is about a half hour ride to downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 AM

995 posts, read 3,930,740 times
Quote:
When we bought our house, we had two choices: Meadows and Savanna. So we compared the two. I'd say that Meadows has more older families (with middle school aged kids) than Savanna. This is primarily due to the fact that Meadows was built around 1997 and Savanna was developed around 2000. Do the math.

Within Meadows, highland meadows is the higher end. Really nice ESTABLISHED neighborhood.

But it's apparent that you are unsure about many things regarding purchase a house. I guess that's why you are here to gather information. But if I were you, I wouldn't buy with so much uncertainty. Only buy when you are comfortable with it.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I think you will find a mix of ages in Highland Meadows. I know some people who live in that section. Their kids range in age from are ages 10-20. There are also families with small kids. Highland Meadows is the most expensive section of The Meadows.

The same houses can also be found in Savanna, The Ridges and Weston Hills Country Club. WHCC is more prestigious, but there are no community facilities there for any of the kids. Savanna and The Ridges are less prestigious but have vast community centers. The Meadows has a community pool, but does not have the large community facilities that Savanna and The Ridges have.

I also like Tequesta in your price range. Older homes, nicely kept but with much larger yards than the other communities.

In Weston there are activities for kids of all ages (not just toddlers), but not many for teens. Both Weston and Parkland are far from the Fort Lauderdale nightlife that your older kids might want. It is about a half hour ride to downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Both Parkland and Weston are very nice places to live. Be careful, though, when looking at Parkland neighborhoods; there are a few communities where homes were built with a toxic drywall. Very expensive homes have dropped dramatically in price in those areas. Due to the recession, there are good prices for homes not affected by the drywall issue though.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:56 AM

Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I have decided that I am going to lease in Weston. I have contacted a leasing agent to find us a house to lease for a few months until I am sure that one I like the area and two that housing prices have leveled out. I have read in the Sun Sentinal that they have not bottomed out and they most like drop at LEAST another 10% with some forecasts looking at another 30% drop which a LOT. This way I will have my house sold and can afford to raise my range to a home that would accommodate my large and family.

Thank you again! Kirsten
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area