Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 AM

141 posts, read 506,063 times

Advertisements

We could be in either of these places. I'm very familiar w/Palm Beach county, at least the Wellington and Jupiter areas. Can anyone compare them for me as far as quality of life, housing, cost of living, traffic, overall feel or anything else you can think of? I'm not familiar with the Ft. Myers area or SW Florida at all. We are a family of 4 with two elementary kids. Work from home, love the outdoors.

Last edited by ang08; 02-24-2011 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 AM

31 posts, read 77,789 times
I have a friend who lives in the Wellington area. She complains about the traffic all the time. In my opinion, there is a BIG difference between the West coast of FL and the East coast of FL. The East coast feels more built up to me and of course you have the rougher ocean waves. The West coast has a different feel. Lots of canals, white sand beaches w/ the Gulf waters not being so rough. I have two kids that just love to hunt for shells on Sanibel (one of the best shelling beaches in the world). As far as prices, my friend has a home in Wellington that she paid over $600K for three or four years ago....it's now worth in the $400Ks. It's a lovely home that backs up to a preserve, but not on any type of water. I think you can definitely get more for your $ in the FM/CC area....especially now. Schools are a different matter. Lee county uses a method of "school choice" (check out previous posts)....I believe Palm Beach County uses regular districts. The Wellington area schools are very good and my girlfriend is very happy with them. We are planning to move to the FM/CC area this year and I can't wait to be a full time resident! Good Luck with your search!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,017 times
I think the people are friendlier on the west coast than on the east coast.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 12,451 times
The west coast is waaaaaaay better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area