Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:32 PM

325 posts, read 1,020,392 times

Advertisements

79 During the Day
75 at Night

Our home is 8 years old, under 1900 sq ft and our bill in the summer has been around $140 but my husband said this month is around $180.

In the winter, it was under $100.00 but it was a mild winter. I also get cold easily.

When we first came to Florida, we set the temp at 75 degrees and have slowly raised it to 79 now.

My understanding is that you never let it go above 80, some say 82. It sounds like many of us like the same temperatures approx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 4,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfriis
You guys don't like heat do you? :-)

This is FL - I was expecting the heat when I moved here. I keep my A/C thermostat set at 84 degrees both day and night in the summer.

My electric bill is never above $100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
You must live in a studio apartment.
Incorrect.

I live in a 2200+ sq. ft. singly-family, house.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 PM

693 posts, read 2,012,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfriis View Post
Incorrect.

I live in a 2200+ sq. ft. singly-family, house.
In that case I call BS.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
In that case I call BS.
You're welcome. You are free to believe what you want. I'm sorry if your electric bill is much higher.

I just calculated my average monthly bill over the last 24 months (this is what's available under Billing History on the LCEC web-site). Turns out it is $84.43 on average. I will admit there were a few months just above $100, but the average is quite a bit lower than $100.

Fact is, with some common sense and knowledge, it is possible to lower your electric usage/bill significantly from the average. But I'm also careful how and how often I run certain appliances (e.g. ceiling fans instead of A/C, adjust hot water heater, etc.).

And yes, I have a pool also. Currently the pool pump is running 9 hrs/day. House is approx. 2250 sq. ft.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
You're welcome. You are free to believe what you want. I'm sorry if your electric bill is much higher.

I just calculated my average monthly bill over the last 24 months (this is what's available under Billing History on the LCEC web-site). Turns out it is $84.43 on average. I will admit there were a few months just above $100, but the average is quite a bit lower than $100.

Fact is, with some common sense and knowledge, it is possible to lower your electric usage/bill significantly from the average. But I'm also careful how and how often I run certain appliances (e.g. ceiling fans instead of A/C, adjust hot water heater, etc.).

And yes, I have a pool also. Currently the pool pump is running 9 hrs/day. House is approx. 2250 sq. ft.
I am free to believe what I want as much as you are free to say what you want. I am not mad because my bill is higher. I am simply stating that even with the most energy efficient appliances available there is no way you can keep a 2250 sq ft home at a temp even as high as 84 degrees when it's 92 degrees outside for under $100. I believe your bill in the winter can be well under $100, but in order for your bill average $84 a month over the course of 24 months you would have to have winter electric bills of like $30-$40. Just running a 1 HP pool pump 8 hours a day will cost about $40 a month, rendering your claim of an average electric bill of $84, virtually impossible. Unless of course, you are unplugging everything else in your house.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I am free to believe what I want as much as you are free to say what you want. I am not mad because my bill is higher. I am simply stating that even with the most energy efficient appliances available there is no way you can keep a 2250 sq ft home at a temp even as high as 84 degrees when it's 92 degrees outside for under $100. I believe your bill in the winter can be well under $100, but in order for your bill average $84 a month over the course of 24 months you would have to have winter electric bills of like $30-$40. Just running a 1 HP pool pump 8 hours a day will cost about $40 a month, rendering your claim of an average electric bill of $84, virtually impossible. Unless of course, you are unplugging everything else in your house.

*kid -

Since you have such a hard time believing that I'm actually telling the truth, I'm offering something I really shouldn't have to - proof.

Please send me a private/direct message and I will email you screen prints from my LCEC account that shows that I'm right. I don't like being accused of lying.

Hopefully this will clear things up and make you a believer !

Old 09-18-2012, 07:11 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times
Quote:
*kid -

Since you have such a hard time believing that I'm actually telling the truth, I'm offering something I really shouldn't have to - proof.

Please send me a private/direct message and I will email you screen prints from my LCEC account that shows that I'm right. I don't like being accused of lying.

Hopefully this will clear things up and make you a believer !
It would be better to just put the individual in question on your ignore list, then their posts will disappear. Cause some of them will never stop.
Use the "ignore list" then it will be much better forum for you.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
It would be better to just put the individual in question on your ignore list, then their posts will disappear. Cause some of them will never stop.
Use the "ignore list" then it will be much better forum for you.
While you are at it, add Equal to the ignore list as well, that will be the best move you can make on this website. You have the same opportunity to PM as I do you. Honestly I don't care nearly as much about this as you apparently do. Just because you send me a print out of an LCEC bill, doesn't mean A. it wasn't altered in some way B. that you are telling the truth about everything else. Just let it go.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
While you are at it, add Equal to the ignore list as well, that will be the best move you can make on this website. You have the same opportunity to PM as I do you. Honestly I don't care nearly as much about this as you apparently do. Just because you send me a print out of an LCEC bill, doesn't mean A. it wasn't altered in some way B. that you are telling the truth about everything else. Just let it go.
The reason I was asking you to PM me is so you can send me your contact info. I do not know of a way to attach a PDF-file or screen print to a direct message, but I can email it to you.

But it sounds like you have decided not to believe me - no matter what. You are really reaching by imagining that I would somehow alter the output of the LCEC web-site. Watched too many "CSI-type" shows?

Instead - since you obviously believe I'm somehow sinister enough to do something like that, I will like to invite you to my house so you can see the size of the house, the pool, and examine the original (unaltered) LCEC bills. (Be prepared for 84 degrees in the house!). Just PM me if you're interested and I will forward my address and suggest a time to meet.

With this offer, I'm looking forward to learn what your next excuse will be to not realize that I'm telling the truth and that you are wrong in accusing me of lying. Lot's of people on the internet might do that, but I'm not one of them.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
The reason I was asking you to PM me is so you can send me your contact info. I do not know of a way to attach a PDF-file or screen print to a direct message, but I can email it to you.

But it sounds like you have decided not to believe me - no matter what. You are really reaching by imagining that I would somehow alter the output of the LCEC web-site. Watched too many "CSI-type" shows?

Instead - since you obviously believe I'm somehow sinister enough to do something like that, I will like to invite you to my house so you can see the size of the house, the pool, and examine the original (unaltered) LCEC bills. (Be prepared for 84 degrees in the house!). Just PM me if you're interested and I will forward my address and suggest a time to meet.

With this offer, I'm looking forward to learn what your next excuse will be to not realize that I'm telling the truth and that you are wrong in accusing me of lying. Lot's of people on the internet might do that, but I'm not one of them.
Don't watch CSI, don't really watch much tv at all really, except sports. But anyways you win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area