Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:47 AM

2 posts, read 4,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDaMenace View Post
I send my kids to St Michaels, and in my opinion, it is worth every penny.
Lutheran school in Fort Myers? Seems to be about on par with St. Andrews cost wise for non members. I'll give them a call or a visit this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 05:39 AM

260 posts, read 563,100 times
It's a great school. They started school yesterday, so if you are looking to make a change, now would be the time.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,882 times
if a school switch does not work out, rather than giving up on SWF, what about the option of moving just over the County line, possibly Punta Gorda or Port Charlotte, and suck up the commute?

in the past, others have mentioned this solution for those tied to a Lee County job who have kids in the public system

before you move back North, you may want to arrange a trip up there for Christmas to test your tolerance for snow and winter yuck

Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 PM

38 posts, read 77,341 times
Lutheran School's tuition is more expensive than St. Francis Xavier. There is another private school to consider- Evangelical Christian School. You might want to look into that.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 2,382 times
I was just wondering what you ended up doing? are you currently in the Lee county schools, or did you decided against it? we r from buffalo, ny and considering moving to the area

Old 06-03-2013, 05:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,726 times
As a student for years it is absolutely atrocious, they do not evaluate their teachers. When I lived in New York the teachers where evaluated 4 times a semester. The lee county school district is based solely on testing and not helping students learn what they need for lifelong understanding.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeuroin View Post
As a student for years it is absolutely atrocious, they do not evaluate their teachers. When I lived in New York the teachers where evaluated 4 times a semester. The lee county school district is based solely on testing and not helping students learn what they need for lifelong understanding.
If you are referring to NYC teachers; they may get evaluated but they can not be removed for inferior teaching ability. So what is the point? At one time the public schools there were great. Now, there are only a few select districts that have great schools.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,537 times
Exclamation I am tired of it.

I am currently a Junior at Ida Baker. I moved to SWFL from Utah and prior Colorado. I am a very bright, intelligent student as described by teachers, family, and friends. I am very political as well. One thing I have to say it this district is a freaking joke. I can not even explain how frustrated I am with the fact that these kids are given freebies on a daily basis. I am one of few students, if any really, that actually cares about their education and this country. The education here is so bad, that a on more than one occasion, I have had to explain what a general election is to classrooms of other students. It's almost physically disgusting. My fellow students only ever care about sports, sex, or drugs. I am telling you this generation is screwed, and if we can't fix it now, we are done for.

I can go on and on about how this district is screwed up but I would find myself in the middle of writing a novel if I did so.

But the point I want to get to here is that I am inclined to do something about it, I want to make use of my time and apply myself to do some good, to attempt to lead a change in education. That is why I am asking for anyone that reads this to reply with your complaints and concerns, I will take those to the school board and demand something be done or have fellow concerned parents and students force the school board to do something. It is time to stop getting pushed around screwed up, greedy, blind superintendents that have no intentions of doing anything but dealing this things in an half-a** way all the time.

Feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message, I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:05 AM

5 posts, read 6,756 times
My daughter attended Fort Myers schools from K-12th and graduated last May. I'd love to say the schools are all solid, dependable and sparkly but I can't. I really can't. She attended Heights, Lexington, and then Cypress Lake High.
I have one regret and that is that I couldn't afford private.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 PM

21 posts, read 49,155 times
Private is NO better!! The private schools here as just as full of drugs and sex as any of the public schools and they have kids that can afford the drugs! Schools in FL in general are lacking as far as percentages based on other state comparisons. Im sure you will find good with bad anywhere you go. The PARENTS are the key. Parent your children and help them learn. Show them you care and hold the schools/teachers accountable. You will get good results versus sitting back and complaining about the schools sucking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area