Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 PM

801 posts, read 2,566,721 times

Advertisements

Hi -- does anyone know if Fort Wayne has any apartment complexes (or even possibly condo subleases) that are modern/newer, or maybe loft style?

Not looking to pay alot... probably would just be looking for a studio or 1 bedroom.

I'm interested in places that may have (or be close to) amenities (gym, some shopping, restaurants/bars, etc.) but of course I'm keeping my expectations reasonable.

I remember visiting a friend in a large brick apartment complex in Fort Wayne, pretty close to downtown. It was an older building, but he said at one time it was the premier place to live for young professionals. I gathered that it was fairly affordable, too.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 07:42 AM

625 posts, read 1,811,193 times
I live in Fort Wayne in an apartment complex that seems to be one of the best in Northeast Indiana. However, with that being said, the loft/condo type that you are looking for is not very prevalent in Fort Wayne. I believe there are some apartments in downtown Fort Wayne, like in the business district that are pretty nice, but not sure if they are what you are looking for. You might want to look into that. The tall, brick apartment complex you are talking about is the Three Rivers Apartments, located by the river, just north of the downtown. From what I heard, these are no longer the place to live and they have needed a reno for a long time. In addition, since it is somewhat cheaper, more poverty has came to the apartments which ultimately affects the safety especially for a girl living by herself.

There are some newer apartments that are high quality in Fort Wayne, but these are in the suburbs. Here are some off the top of my head:

-Reserve at Dawson' Creek
-Avalon at Northbrook
-Willows of Coventry
-Preston Pointe
-Island Club
-Windsor Oaks

These are newer and somewhat expensive but definitely nice apartment complexes to live in. These are where the "professionals" that live in apartments live in Fort Wayne.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:12 PM

132 posts, read 370,287 times
Three Rivers Apartments was once a premier place to live in Ft. Wayne, but it's not brick, or particularly old - little more than 40 years. A brick apartment building the OP may be thinking of is Sheridan Apartments, in the west central neighborhood, built in 1928. I lived there for 14 years, and during that time, the woman who owned the place went from not taking care of it, to cashing in on wood floors and historic value in the 90's. But no doubt it's affordable, and probably maintained pretty decently even today.

I lived at Three Rivers in 2004. At that time, there were a lot of apartments available, so standards went through the floor, as far as the quality of the tenants, and management was unstable. Not nearly as swank and prestigious as it may have been when new. But it's centrally located in downtown, underground parking is available - for more money of course, and there at least was a rudimentary gym. The apartments themselves are perfectly decent for a professional single or couple, and range anywhere from a studio, to a 3BR 2BA. There's even a bit of that old 60's bachelor pad vibe still attached to the place if you squint just right.

I seem to recall a luxury loft apartment project in an old brick warehouse, just across the street from the Columbia St. West restaurant/bar downtown. But most places summer22 would be interested in are up on the north end of town, which is generally the more tony and developed part of Ft. Wayne.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:58 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,504,048 times
I know nothing about any of the apartments in Ft Wayne, but here is a link to the Sheridan Court Apartments.

Home

Old 01-13-2010, 08:55 PM

801 posts, read 2,566,721 times
Thanks! For about a week I was really scrambling to figure out where I would live, if I got the job I interviewed for in Fort Wayne. It was a sudden opening that would have needed me to start the next day after the interview I didn't get it, though. Three Rivers was the one I was thinking of! Very unprofessional of Sheridan to post names on the web of people who are late with their rent... yikes! That's a red flag about the management company if there ever was one!

Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 PM

132 posts, read 370,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
Very unprofessional of Sheridan to post names on the web of people who are late with their rent... yikes! That's a red flag about the management company if there ever was one!
They do that now? Where did you see this? That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
View detailed profiles of: