Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2006, 07:49 AM

11 posts, read 38,169 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I am knew to this site. Hopefully you can help me with some of the information that I am looking for. I am from Southern California and am considering moving to Texas. I have read a lot of pots saying that Austin is the best place to live in Texas, but I have visited the Fort Worth area a few times recently and like the area. Specifically, I am looking at Benbrook, Crowley, Burleson, and Granbry. Does anyone know anything about these areas? I have been to Granbury 3 or 4 times, but it seems like there might not be enough jobs there, and I am concerned about the commute to Fort Worth from Granbury, it might be a little long. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 03:54 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,099,432 times
Hi, I also used to live in southern California. (We miss it) I moved to Granbury about 2 years ago to retire on the lake. We are young retiries and this town is very slow, not much to do. So we will be moving on in the next few years. As far as jobs go, if you are looking for something other then working at Home Depot or Wal-Mart then this is not the place for you. From what I hear the schools are not that great either. Granbury is a place mainly for retired people or people that have second homes on the lake. There are families here but I think they are mostly people that themselves were born and raised here. If you are planning on buying a lake front home you better hurry because prices are going up as I type. They went up over 23% from last year. It is a great place if you want to live on the lake and you do not mind that there is not much to do. There is very little if any crime, no gangs (unlike sothern California) quite and safe. Just remember California has the best weather and Texas is extremely hot and hummid. It has been over 100 degrees for over 30 days straight. Good Luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,899 times
Default Southwest Fort Worth

I live in the City View section of Fort Worth which is close to Burleson, Crowley, and Benbrook. I have had no trouble with crime and it is a pretty quiet area. It is one of the better areas of Fort Worth in which to live and work. The only complaint I have is the tax rate for buying a house in Fort Worth. I would highly recommend any of these areas.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 10,466 times
Default Burleson Area

I live in the Burleson area. I have lived here for over 6 years now, however I grew up very near here years ago. My husband works at Lockheed Martin and has about a 30 minute commute each way. Sometimes the traffic on I-35 can be pretty backed up, but you get used to it. Burleson is growing by leaps and bounds. There are hundreds of houses going up everywhere there is a spot available. There are many places to shop...just take your pick.

Currently there are 6 elementary schools, 2 middle schools and 1 high school. There will be 4 more elementary schools, 1 new middle school and a new high school built by 2010. The schools are pretty good, however you must be careful as to which district you live in when it comes to elementary schools. Johnson county side is cheaper with taxes....but the better schools are on the Tarrant county side.

The diversity is very low....mostly white. Which bothers me somewhat, I would like for my kids to be more diversified.

The Fort Worth job market is pretty good...and the commute isn't too bad...as I said earlier.

Houses here are VERY reasonable. Just look on any real estate site and you will see. And no, there is not anything wrong with that $125,000 house that is over 2000 square feet and newly built. It is just the way it is here.

Anyway, hope I have helped. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 6,899 times
Hello there,

I am in the process to move to Benbrook, TX. I would like to know about the elementary and middle schools in the area. I would highly appreciate if some one can give me more details aboutt he area.
Thank you very much!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 12,761 times
Default trd1178

trd1178:

I own a home in Pecan Valley (Benbrook) that I'd perhaps like to sell. It is 40 yrs old and I have been planning some upgrades. I have started a few of them, but am no longer sure I am cut out for home ownership. This home is a good long term investment, is clean, 2090 sq ft., brick, new patio slab (12' x 15'), about .22 acre lot and good neighbors. If you're interested call me at 817.244.1962 (home) or 817.392.8065 (wk).

Thanks!
CFMC

Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 12,761 times
trd1178:

I own a home in Pecan Valley (Benbrook) that I'd perhaps like to sell. It is 40 yrs old and I have been planning some upgrades. I have started a few of them, but am no longer sure I am cut out for home ownership. This home is a good long term investment, is clean, 2090 sq ft., brick, new patio slab (12' x 15'), about .22 acre lot and good neighbors. If you're interested call me at 817.244.1962 (home) or 817.392.8065 (wk).

Thanks!
CFMC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth