Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gookgette View Post
what i'm looking for:
1. Diversity - as in food, culture...not P.F. Chang's.
2. Somewhat liberal
3. Young Professionals
4. Shopping malls - suburban comforts.
5. Trader Joe's or organic
6. Parks or trails to run outdoors
7. Warm climate, but not too humid. or at least bearable!
8. Good, warm, friendly ppl (like the Midwest!
9. Christians
10. Hipsters
1) Given your first post I take it that you are Korean and would like to have some Koreans to mingle with. There is a very large Korean population in DFW (largest in the state), but its mostly in the northern subrubs of Dallas with the epicenter being Carrollton. This ties in with point number 9. If you are looking for a Korean church, there are at least a dozen of them (no exaggeration) in Carrollton and the surrounding cities. Fort Worth is an extremely cultured city. The museum and arts districs is amazing and downtown and 7th ave are walkable and full of things to do. Fort Worth does have diversity of food, but not nearly as much as Dallas. If you love Korean food (for example), Dallas and Carrollton both have Koreatowns full of Korean resturants. Even though the ethnic food of the area is centered around Dallas, in DFW, you can find many options of any kind of food you want somewhere.

2) There are liberal people in Fort Worth, but I wouldnt call it a liberal city. Fort Worth has gay elected city officials, so not everyone there is going to be conservative.

3) Tons of those. Many TCU grads stay in Fort Worth. They most live downtown (which is a pretty hoppin area and lots of fun).

4) Tons of suburban comforts. Outside downtown and the immediate areas around it, Fort Worth is a pretty suburban place.

5) They have Central Market and Whole Foods.

6) Fort Worth has lots of outdoor trails.

7) You should have no problem with the climate. Winter is very short, but summer last for about 5 months.

8) The people in Fort Worth are the most friendly in the state (in my opinion).

9) Tons of Christians.

10) Ehh...a few but not a lot. Youll find more of that in Dallas and Austin.

I hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 06:21 PM

130 posts, read 207,452 times
thanks for your responses! i just hope i don't regret my decision. i've never been to fort worth, and i don't really have the money to go down and visit. i'd really just be taking a leap of faith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
got to go where the job is which is FTW--Dallas to FTW is just not doable

FTW is very nice city--has been undergoing "gentrification" close to downtown/museum district
lots of young professionals/college students in the downtown/so7/museum corridor

there are pluses and minuses to any location but agree that COL in CA especially Marin county is a brain freeze

and congrats on being offered so many locations--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth