Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Several years ago we were considering buying a lot in Bourland Oaks in Keller-
the lot was across a walking/bike path from Bourland Cemetary and backed up to house in Harmonson Farms--which was already developed...

We really like that lot--it was large and had some great trees--but the house behind it had the most obnoxious family lving there--
we were go over at different times of the week to talk about how we wanted the house laid out and to check the boundary lines for the lot so we were there during the week and on weekends--
the guy who lived there would come outside--turn on music that would play through the patio speakers--then go inside for 15 or 20 and just leave the music blaring--and I mean BLARING--then come outside and light his grill or turn over the burgers and go back in--

you could hear them yelling inside the house (I guess the music was loud inside too)

We would drive by the front of the house sometimes and notice how junky his garage was--how the yard did not look as well kept as others on that street--
really made us start to wonder if we wanted the hassle of having that guy as a neighbor because no way were we going to accept that level of noise polution after we moved in

anyway--we did not buy the lot--could not build the house style we wanted because of the narrow front (lot was kind of on a curved part of street) and working in a driveway for three car garage--
regretted it cause it was nice area and had some great trees--but at least we weren't sad to leave that future neighbor behind

Today I get email from MLS site with new listings on market--
BINGO that house behind our lot is for sale--and it is foreclosure by Fannie Mae--
from check TAD records--there was divorce between the couple and the guy lived there w/o a wife on the deed since 09--and now it is empty

Moderator cut: don't post address --almost 4000 sq ft for 399 and it has a pool--but like all foreclosures being sold AS IS

For someone who wants a great area and a good deal--that might be worth a look--
it is cheap--less than $100 a ft--I bet it was built for less than that but it has a pool already in...
nice house--nothing behind it because it backs to Bourland Cemetary and the walking trail so you have no overlook

Last edited by Chickrae; 05-01-2011 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: don't post address...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 11:28 PM

358 posts, read 1,075,520 times
Funny story!!! I have a friend in that neighborhood. It's very nice and great for people who want their children in the Keller-Harvel, Bear Creek Intermed, Keller Middle, Keller High feeder pattern.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:50 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
That is a grate price for that neighborhood.
BUT...I really wonder what condition the inside is in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: