Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,442 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am visiting Fort Worth this coming week for a conference and will be staying downtown (Omni). I have a few questions.

I was hoping to head over to the W 7th St area to check out a couple stores (about as far as Currie) and was just planning on walking there. It's under 2 miles so that's fine, but I just wanted to make sure it's an okay walk or is there a better way to go.

Also, I wanted to go for a tour of Cowboys Stadium (and maybe see a Rangers game... although probably hard to get a ticket) and wanted to know the best way to get to the stadium. I don't have a rental car and was hoping for some public transit or something. I see the train goes near there but looks like quite the walk from the train to the stadium. Any suggestions?

I have tried to search the forums for an answer but didn't find anything. Sorry if it's already been posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 10:15 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,322,581 times
The walk up 7th is probably pretty safe, but there is some construction on the bridge that has it down to 1 lane each direction. I haven't paid attention, but I believe at least one of the sidewalks is still accessible.

You're out of luck on public transportation to Cowboys Stadium (unless there's something I don't know about). The closest commuter rail station to the stadium is about 8 miles away. Your best bet is likely a cab or a hotel shuttle. Most of the downtown hotels have shuttles, but I don't know if they'll take you as far as the stadium. Seeing the stadium is worth it. It's not the best place in the world to watch a football game, but it's pretty amazing to see in person.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,709,148 times
Other than renting a car, you'd need to use a cab or the shuttle that is available thru the Arlington local hotels to get to the stadium.

Welcome to Arlington Trolley - the entertainment connection for Arlington, Texas

Old 10-14-2011, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,442 times
Thanks guys... looks like it's going to have to be a cab. The Arlington hotel shuttle don't go very far from the stadium.

Maybe I'll check with Omni when I get there to see if they have any other options.

and yeah I don't really care to see a game there (although it would be cool for the experience) I just wanna see the stadium and do a tour.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:32 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
whoa--if the hotel has free parking you are better off renting a car--
and if they charge for parking see if the hotel has rental desk for a one day use

you will spend $50 each way at least for cab fare to those locations

call ahead of time and check on times for tours--if you are here for weekend I don't know that the Cowboy Stadium will be open for tours when you have free time

there are plenty of tickets for Rangers' games--even the Series-- on places like StubHub if you want to pay the money

Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 AM

11,870 posts, read 26,925,095 times
Molly the Trolley will take you around downtown FW, but not across the bridge to the So7 area.
Molly the Trolley

I agree with the recommendation to rent a car for the day to get to the Stadium as it will be cheaper than a cab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: