Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

We are in the market for a new Sienna minivan
we went to Freeman where I bought my camry hybrid (via Internet mgr) and while they did not have color/exact options we wanted we drove couple of them and I liked it more than I anticipated
I don't like driving my husband's Tahoe because I judging the distances for turning/parking is difficult
but the minivan was pretty driver friendly--

The saleman located one in color we did want "outside the local area" supposedly that they could transport here...he never said where the car was
he acted like there were no local ones in DFW metroplex which I later found out was not correct...
3 dealers in DFW metroplex have similar Siennas

he showed us what he said was printout of that car's window sticker with suggested pricing/options
but I know that can be manipulated so didn't put much stock in accuracy of $$--
just the options/equipment listed
I had looked on Edmunds and had idea for what my trade was worth and what true cost of van was likely to be

my husband and I were pretty disappointed with the dialogue we had with sales man--
this salesman did not even tell us about the 500$ rebate good until end of the month from Toyota...
frankly I think they added money to the suggested price of the minivan to cover profit for both dealerships
theirs and the one they were getting the van from...
so we walked away...
maybe it is just too early in the month for dealers to take shoppers seriously

any suggestions for other Toyota dealerships where you found making a deal was more straightforward...

and I saw on other Toyota dealers in metroplex that some even discount the sticker total right away
but again--that is all smoke and mirrors to certain extent...

We tried Vanderbilt off I-20 several years ago when we were shopping for my Camry and looking at Honda accords as well
--was not impressed with the salesmen at the Honda we went into--they turned us off so badly we did not go to the Vanderbilt Toyota right next door...

anyone have contact that will just order car at cost--
we don't have to have one right away so we can wait on delivery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 10:27 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,759,412 times
Toyota of FW? It is on the west side of town but might be worth it. We have had positive experiences there so much so that we won't use the one that is close to us (in a smaller town, plus they were awful, especically when it came to regular checkups and repairs). We would rather make the drive to FW.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:46 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,616,167 times
We've bought 3 vehicles from Freeman and never had any problems. They went out of their way to find what we wanted/needed/could afford. We even drove home a Sienna for a couple of days while they tried to make it fit our budget and when it couldn't found something that would and we swapped it out painlessly.

Perhaps you just got a guy who had an off day or just isn't as good as what we've experienced there. I'll say that each time we bought we dealt with different people because the turnover is pretty heavy in that business it seems.

It's very possible that the one the guy said was outside the local area is exactly what you were asking for instead of 'similar' that you might have found at other dealers.

Our 2000 Camry came from Houston because it had been used as a demo car and therefore a better price than what they had on the lot and fit our budget and size need. They had it on location in a day.

Maybe try again with a different person?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
I always buy cars that are certified pre-owned, they just seem to be a better deal because they have all the warranty work done on them and often the certified warranty is better than the new car warranty. Every car I have bought in the past 15 years has had about 10K miles on it and was the current or prior model year and I have saved THOUSANDS. I usually find the cars on ebay or cars.com. I don't care who I buy my car from. Price is everything just as long as I get the specific features I want. I then use my preferred dealership when I need my car to be serviced. Have you looked on cars.com to see if the car you want is anywhere in the DFW area? http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...rce=TRAIL_HEAD

Oh, here's a list of certified pre-owned Siennas in the DFW area: http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...Y&ldId=&rpp=50

Last edited by Squirl; 07-16-2012 at 03:34 PM..

Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM

I know about buying end of the year to get knock down prices but the 2011 Sienna is not the same car as the 2012--now the 2013s will be about the same and if we can't find something by then we would probably be looking at buying 2012 vs 2013

last night went to Grapevine and spent lot of time and still could not reach price
I am really wanting to order car with features I want--but apparently no one else does or there would be some on the floor--
and just pay dealer's cost plus 500 or something
does anyone know of toyota dealer in area that does that
sometimes small towns have dealership that does it to avoid keeping overhead

last night the saleman wrote up the price of the car and included a 3400 extended warranty--which you can buy on line from legitimate Toyota dealers for about 1K--
When I saw him do that I knew we weren't going to make a deal but my husband is more hopeful and he kept trying

Old 07-17-2012, 12:48 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,759,412 times
Loves,

there is a Toyota dealership in Granbury. They might be able to help you out. We haven't had a good experience there regarding repairs, etc. As for buying a vehicle, they might be better. Who knows, might be something to check out.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 PM

we went to 3rd dealer--
again the issue was the trade as much as the car's value...
even though they had a "true value" on the sticker, knocked down from MSRP, they still weren't really dealing...

I know that car dealers are making more of their money from used cars vs new cars
so they want to maximize the profit there vs what they make selling their car but they must think most people buying cars are either too dumb to do any research or too poor to look beyond what the monthly payment is

these guys were trying to tell us that the dealer who gave us the best price on the same type of Sienna was the one shuffling the costs and not being truthful...

I am all about the drive out--and I could have driven out at the first dealer $2K lower than what they were offering as their best deal...
what's to understand about that???

Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 AM

690 posts, read 1,729,503 times
I purchased my Toyota through the Grapevine dealership. I had done all my research,financial approvals, and insurance needs ahead of time.
I ended up dealing with the Fleet manager directly and bypassed the salesman. The manager did what you said;
searched for the vehicle, $500 Delivery/ Transportation to dealership and the price for commission for Fleet manager which was a flat rate. Once the vehicle was on-site. I went and signed the paperwork, paid my money, showed them the insurance
and drove off with my vehicle.
I also purchased my extended warranty separately, but according to some experts. Put the money in a savings bond/account and use the money if necessary when you need it.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:37 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
I also don't usually trade my cars, I think it complicates the deal. Seems like someone I know always knows someone who wants to buy my used car at a similar price that I could get in trade anyway.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 PM

270 posts, read 587,567 times
Metroplex Toyota and Toyota of Lewisville have highly reputuable service ratings. Those would be the first two places I look at when buying a new Toyota. If there are ever problems with a car, they are ethical in taking care of the customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth