Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 09:20 AM

98 posts, read 262,126 times

Advertisements

Hello all....this is for anyone that has special needs kids living in the Fort Worth area. My wife and I are currently living in Phoenix and are looking to relocate to the Fort Worth area (anyone looking for a seasoned Tech Support guy??). We're a family of 5 and have a 7 year old son that's diagnosed with High Functioning Autism. He's getting services through the state and has an IEP with his school. We've heard some negative things about the services in TX but the numbers typically are based on statewide figures. How about the services right there in the metropolitan area?? Any success stories??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM

156 posts, read 284,017 times
The Child Study Center is really good; in fact they have a school for developmentally challenged kids. Our child goes to the Center for audiology and we are covered by private insurance, so I am not sure about state funding, but I know they do a lot under privilege kids. TX tends to let private insurance companies pay for services, but in Fort Worth the resources are very good. Our son also gets therapy through Cook's Children and we have been very happy, he has a selection of high functioning but challenging diagnoses.

I have also found our elementary school to be responsive to our needs especially since we have made it clear that we want to work with them.

We moved from Midland a few years ago and I don't know what we would have done as our son grew older, the resources just weren't there in a town of that size, but Fort Worth defiantly has the resources.

I would be hesitant to move here without employment as getting services without private insurance will be hard, due to both a long wait lists and the fact that you would be a non-resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth