Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times

Advertisements

The Fort Worth TRV project was suppose to be the project that took Fort Worth to the next level. However, the Progress of the TRV has been slow. With all the natural gas royalties and economic growth that the city has accumulated over the years, why does it seem that progress is slow with the project? Why is it that Austin is booming with skyscraper growth but Fort Worth is not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 07:35 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The Fort Worth TRV project was suppose to be the project that took Fort Worth to the next level. However, the Progress of the TRV has been slow. With all the natural gas royalties and economic growth that the city has accumulated over the years, why does it seem that progress is slow with the project? Why is it that Austin is booming with skyscraper growth but Fort Worth is not?
Not dead at all...

http://fwbusinesspress.com/fwbp/arti...3-million.aspx

You've got to understand, when it comes to most projects in this city, it takes a while for them to get rolling. You know that.

The TEXRail has been pushed back to 2017. And don't get me started with the skyscrapers that were proposed and NOT built...

Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 PM

232 posts, read 360,628 times
Smile Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Answer for Question #1: This is Fort Worth, we like doing things slow, and we also like making our new buildings seem old (FW is slow when it comes to anything) Answer to Question #2: I really have no idea but I'm assuming that it has to do with residential/ commercial demand, Height limits ( I think it's in the Central Business Dis. that has no height limit, maybe in the year 2500 we might get a 5,000 ft building?? *Joke), and skyscrapers are usually built beside high density areas (Fort Worth likes spreading out too much, and most areas have lower densities I think.... Hopefully the city can maybe have a skyscraper built by 2020 (I doubt that will happen) I will keep my fingers crossed

Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post
Answer for Question #1: This is Fort Worth, we like doing things slow,
Yeah... if you were born before 1980...

Quote:
and we also like making our new buildings seem old
True, but you have to have SOME variety.

Quote:
Answer to Question #2: I really have no idea but I'm assuming that it has to do with residential/ commercial demand, Height limits ( I think it's in the Central Business Dis. that has no height limit, maybe in the year 2500 we might get a 5,000 ft building?? *Joke), and skyscrapers are usually built beside high density areas (Fort Worth likes spreading out too much, and most areas have lower densities I think.... Hopefully the city can maybe have a skyscraper built by 2020 (I doubt that will happen) I will keep my fingers crossed
Fort Worth has no height restrictions and downtown's vacancy rate is around 80% or more. At some point, ya gotta start building, especially if we happen to get new companies to move here and there's PLENTY of space for residential development.

The TRV isn't dead, it just seems that way because of the time it tends to take to build new projects. It does however feel like no one ever wants to take a chance on something BIG in this town. But I think that will be changing someday.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:14 PM

Downtown's VACANCY is 80%?!! :/ Im going to keep my fingers and toes crossed, maybe luck can help Fort Worth lol. :I completely agree with you that this city does not like taking chances when it comes to big projects... I wonder when Fort Worth will build its next high rise, or skyscraper... Any guesses?

Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 PM
JJG

Quote:
Downtown's VACANCY is 80%?!! :/ Im going to keep my fingers and toes crossed, maybe luck can help Fort Worth lol. :I completely agree with you that this city does not like taking chances when it comes to big projects... I wonder when Fort Worth will build its next high rise, or skyscraper... Any guesses?
Wait, I think I got that the other way around... it's actually 11% from the last report I've found.

I was confusing vacancy with occupancy.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Wait, I think I got that the other way around... it's actually 11% from the last report I've found.

I was confusing vacancy with occupancy.
Now you tell me?! thanks a lot now I have a toe cramp )

Old 08-29-2013, 02:47 PM

40 posts, read 73,103 times
I just ran across this article while reading the news about this very topic! Looks promising

Fort Worth's Trinity River Vision project finally underway | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewithtexas View Post
I just ran across this article while reading the news about this very topic! Looks promising

Fort Worth's Trinity River Vision project finally underway | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth
The bridges do seem promising, hopefully the development that is suppose to include urban development is real and not a lie, I still have not seen any buildings being constructed I have a question about the buildings, are all of the buildings going to look identical? (The images show all the structures with the same style..)

Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
Quote:
The bridges do seem promising, hopefully the development that is suppose to include urban development is real and not a lie, I still have not seen any buildings being constructed I have a question about the buildings, are all of the buildings going to look identical? (The images show all the structures with the same style..)
You would think developers will be jumping all over this project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth