Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 05:25 PM

11 posts, read 30,473 times

Advertisements

Gas Drilling anyone? Gas pipelines anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 01:47 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
The Ryan Place and Berkeley neighborhoods are fighting Chesapeake over the proposed drilling location at 8th Avenue & Elizabeth Blvd, but I can't say I have much hope for stopping it. The mayor and city council are in Chesapeake's pocket, having never yet refused them. They know what's best for us, dontcha know.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:26 AM

140 posts, read 405,008 times
Yeah you wont be able to stop them. but the rig will only be there for a short time anyways.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:19 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Are any of you planning on checking out the State Fair of Texas in Dallas over the next few weeks? It starts next Fri.

BigTex.com

Old 09-21-2008, 11:32 AM

140 posts, read 405,008 times
Cost to much to go

Old 09-24-2008, 10:37 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
I'm gettin' tickets for our game against Grambling State. That would be the main reason we go, but of course, we'll stick around and eat.....

BTW, Prairie View A&M football is UNDEFEATED. For the first time in DECADES. Yea, that would happen when I get here.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:56 PM
pfw

186 posts, read 849,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Are any of you planning on checking out the State Fair of Texas in Dallas over the next few weeks? It starts next Fri.

BigTex.com
Absolutely...bring on the corn dogs and tator twisters and fried bacon and whatever else they've decided to deep fat fry. It's only one time a year and we wouldn't miss it.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfw View Post
Absolutely...bring on the corn dogs and tator twisters and fried bacon and whatever else they've decided to deep fat fry. It's only one time a year and we wouldn't miss it.
Cool! Did you go yet? I plan to go on Fri. But I'll avoid all that fried crap.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 AM
pfw

186 posts, read 849,188 times
We haven't gone yet, we try to go the last day of the fair. By then the weather is really nice, no crowds from football games, not a lot of kids doing the "fair day". That said though, last year we went with my inlaws on the senior citizens day which was a Thursday. It really wasn't that crowded and luckily the weather was perfect.

I would normally avoid all the fried stuff but like I said it's only one time a year and that's what exercise is for. We also counteract the fried food with the healthy stuff at the VitaMix booth.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfw View Post
We haven't gone yet, we try to go the last day of the fair. By then the weather is really nice, no crowds from football games, not a lot of kids doing the "fair day". That said though, last year we went with my inlaws on the senior citizens day which was a Thursday. It really wasn't that crowded and luckily the weather was perfect.
Yes, the weather is a bit warm right now but should be cooler in a couple weeks. I went on a Fri. last year as well and it wasn't that crowded. I can only imagine how packed it would be on a Sat. or Sun. Yes, there are some discounts during the middle of the week.

Quote:
I would normally avoid all the fried stuff but like I said it's only one time a year and that's what exercise is for. We also counteract the fried food with the healthy stuff at the VitaMix booth.
LOL, that's a good way to look at it. But it's also kind of like getting a Big Mac and counteracting it with a Diet Coke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth