Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM

9 posts, read 29,942 times

Advertisements

I am trying to balance how cost will differentiate when living downtown as opposed to outside of downtown.

I am lookinf for that happy balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblue View Post
I am trying to balance how cost will differentiate when living downtown as opposed to outside of downtown.

I am lookinf for that happy balance.
I'm just wondering if you've ever lived in the downtown part of a city before. If not, the adjustment could be rough (traffic, noise, expense, etc.).

Old 02-19-2008, 02:13 PM

Default Dowtown

I live in downtown Houston. It is very noisy all the time. That is why I thought the 18th floor of the Historical Electric Building may be a little better than the second floor apartment I now have in Houston.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Fort worth city limits does have a bus system--if that matters to you since you will be living alone and not know very many people initially--if you have to put your car in the shop you might be glad to be close to bus into downtown--
Firestone Apts right in downtown are supposed to be really nice but are really expensive

Central Market/Hulen is nice area--don't know about the bus runs from there--

if you go to Google maps and enter Central Market Fort worth--several come up--look for the Central Market Cafe at around Hulen and then look for apts--there are 4 pages--some apts have reviews linked to them...
that might help

you might consider the Mid-Cities area=drive into downtown takes about 20 min--my husband makes it each day--
there are some nice newer apts on Hwy 121 going N into Grapevine called the Vinyards or something like that
there are couple in Bedford that are older but pretty nice
one Copper Canyon
one is on Martin just S of Harwood--

Old 02-20-2008, 08:54 AM

Default Thanks Loves2read

If the downtown places do not work for me I will look at the other outside destinations like the one's you have suggested.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblue View Post
I live in downtown Houston. It is very noisy all the time. That is why I thought the 18th floor of the Historical Electric Building may be a little better than the second floor apartment I now have in Houston.
Since you're used to living in downtown Houston, downtown FW will seem like suburbia. I haven't been to Houston, but I'd imagine its downtown is as busy and noisy as downtown Philadelphia (given that they're similar in population size).

Old 02-21-2008, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 7,345 times
Default North Fort Worth

You should definitely take a look at the north fort worth area, if it's not too late. There are a number of very nice, new apartment complexes near the I-35 W/Loop 820 intersection. I live in this area and work in downtwon Fort Worth. The traffic on 35W can be a pain in the morning sometimes, but it's only a 8 mile drive so it's not horrible. With no traffic, I can get to downtown in less than 10 minutes.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,462 times
Have you checked out the apartments that were converted from the high school? I forget what they are called, but I guess the school was saved as a historic landmark and converted to apts and then across the parking lot, they have a newer building built just to be apts, but looks like the high school.

I have no idea what it would be like to live there, it was kind of a neat building to walk around in. A friend of mine spoke with some residents who said they were pretty happy there. I live in Seattle...don't know how close this is to your new job, or if it's a good fit but thought I'd throw it out there because I thought it was "different".

Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 AM

3 posts, read 13,066 times
Default Throckmorton

There are some great condos in what they call the "Towers" it is located at 500 Throckmorton right by your work. I just leased one the other day for one of my clients and he loved it. They are going to be smaller than what you can get in a home but they have security, pool, work out rooms and more. There is plenty of shopping and eateries located right at the door step. They are very popluar for the working citizens without children. If you are pushing toward a home, than like the other reader I would recommend North Fort Worth. About 15 minutes from your work but also out of the traffic area when you are off. If you need any help or have any questions please let me know I am a Realtor and enjoy helping people relocate. Good Luck

Old 03-03-2008, 04:50 PM

Default Thanks all

I am waiting on an application approval from the Historic Electric building although it has already taken four days.

Every apartment I have rented from the paperwork process never took more than one half hour. This is driving me nuts. ;-)

Hopefully I will hear something soon.

If I do not hear anything by this weekend I will go to Fort Worth and try to find some place Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth