Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM

105 posts, read 338,400 times

Advertisements

I can't remember the name of the company, which may have been the lady's name. I remember seeing them about 2 or so years ago around Keller or Colleyville or that area. Very nice custom or semi-custom homes. Lots of wood and stone details - very "Texas" in style.

Does this sound familiar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
saying that a house is very Texan in stly is not too helpful but there are only two women builders in the HEB/Colleyville/Keller area

I think you might be referring to builder of Sassy Homes--she called it that because most of the builders in area thought she had an attitude--which she did --
she prided herself on doing more than what was required--that you got more than your money's worth compared to other builders
this is link to info about her--name is Sammie Smimmo--
Sales Power: Seeking solutions proves profitable
think she has closed operations--she was building home in Glade Pointe area of Hurst--small development off Precinct Line Rd and Glade Rd--house caught on fire and burned--was not re-done for long time--speculation that there was arson involved--
she was supposed to buld some villa homes on Glade just down from there but she was not the builder who started construction
and she was also in middle of villa development in N Keller called Serene Villas but now another company has taken over that project as well...so think she might have gotten overextended and had to close her business...
but think she did build a good house from the ones I saw....

there was another female builder who was doing high-end "green" building
her homes had the Tuscany look inside--dark woods, stucco walls
Dina Lima was her name and right now she is listed as a consultant on green building with this magazine
Building Savvy.com
and is on the board for the Greater Tarrant Co builders assoc
her company was emerald luxury homes but her web site is not working

I think she is more consulant now --she built in Chisohlm Trails in Hurst and in Kings Mill in Mansfield but dont find anything current she is building .. I think one of her homes in Chisohlm Trails in Hurst went foreclosure --maybe one she was living in

Old 04-15-2008, 10:02 AM

105 posts, read 338,400 times
Yes - Sassy was it. Thanks so much! I'll check into it to see if she still does them or if I can find any of her re-sales.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 AM

you can check under prior owner link at TAD.org

for what she built --but don't count on finding many for sale since she did not build that many to start with...

Old 04-15-2008, 02:37 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,884,555 times
Quote:
villa development in N Keller called Serene Villas
Everyday I drive by this "street" of houses and laugh, it's location is anything but serene!

It's nestled between the Walmart neighborhood market to the right and Lowes behind. It's next to an older neighobrhood that is a mix of very nicely kept houses and then some that need loads of meanintence. On the corner of Rufe Snow and Bursey, right down from the Interemdiate school and the Middle school. It's right on the Watauga boarder, not the nicest neighborhood is right across the street.

The houses look very nice though, but also very out of place in that area.

Do a Google earth of Serene Ct Keller Tx to get an idea of the area.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:58 PM

first you create the image, then you create the desire, then people don't notice the reality -- that is what marketing is about...

Old 04-15-2008, 07:10 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,612,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
first you create the image, then you create the desire, then people don't notice the reality -- that is what marketing is about...
That could describe marriage....or parenthood.....or any number of jobs....or teachers...and on and on and on....

Old 05-06-2009, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,284 times
WOW! Wish I had been on here much much sooner! Mr/Mrs loves2read talks a lot without any knowledge of facts. Some people get sued for such idiocracy! As far as Sassy homes goes, the house off glade that was burned and sat there forever was actually Dan Hately's house - since you know so much I am sure who know who he is;if not, he is Ambiance builders. Sassy had a lot of houses and I actually have bought two of her homes and they were the best houses I have ever lived in. I am in real estate and I know a great home when I see one. Sassy did go out of business due to dealing with an incompentent bank for interim financing and the economy for the price range she was building, since you love to read so much I am sure you have read about how home sales are down. She built a very large subdivision off of davis in North Richland hills, a lot in bedford and two subdivisions in Hurst as well as a few houses in serene. All of her houses in serene are sold, and if you must know her copy cats, especially trailwood homes, have houses still sitting and unable to sale. its as hame a builder as good as her was the first one hit instead of the so called 'wanna be's" Nothing will be as great as her products, and you must just be some pissed off builder who she wouldn't let in her subdivisions. So I hope this clears things up and you can now get your facts right.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,241 times
dfwreloprincess, re: Sassy, I checked out about the house on corner that burned. You were correct. All you people can go to tad.org and check the history of ownership of that lot. Sassy owned that lot and sold to a guy that Ambiance Homes was building for him when it burned . Sassy DID NOT own that property. This is how rumors start and things were implied about arson against Sassy,you should be careful what you say about someone reguardless, much less when facts are wrong and people could be hurt from wrong doing. You wouldn't want to someone to do that to you LovestoRead and 5stones? dfwreloprincess, thanks for taking the time to set things straight and maybe the wrong doers will check facts before speaking false facts. God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth