Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 8,241 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I will be working at American Airlines headquarters in Fortworth, this is my first time in Texas,

Could anyone please advice me on which are the good/bad areas for renting a 1-Bedroom apartment, if possible I would like it to be as close as possible to work,

Thank you so much in advance

sid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 04:17 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Your best bet might to be to inquire amongst fellow AA employees as there are large pockets of airline employees that live in the same area.

For instance I know a few years ago most of the people that lived in apartments right off 183 close to 360 in Euless worked for the airlines...my ex moved there and that's who all he hung out with. It's changed names and I really have no idea what the new name is now or if the situation is still the same, however, if you ask around you might get some good recommendationsl

Old 05-28-2008, 07:34 PM

90 posts, read 467,476 times
Check out the The Cliffs Apartments (formerly Jefferson on the Cliffs) in north arlington.
1635 Jefferson Cliffs Way
Arlington, TX, 76006
Many AA HDQ employees live there and it offers discount to them.
The area is nice, hilly and close to a great park. Good luck. please let me know if you have further questions.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
are you going to have your own car????

AA headquarters is not really IN Fort Worth--
it is in a small arm of land that runs from Fort Worth city limits east to sit between Euless and Arlington --check out the Google map
4333 Amon Carter Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76155, USA - Google Maps

this happened so that American could use the larger city of FTW as its mailing address instead of using ARlington or Euless where were even more unknown than FTW at the time of the move--

the headquarters is isolated from any urban infrastructure like the Pier 1 company or XTO or Radio Shack have in downtown FTW or even Exxon's in Las Colinas--

there is no public transportation to there unless American runs a shuttle from the Centerport TRE station just south of the headquarters bldg...

there are some apartments in that imediate area (which you can get by entering apts in the BUSINESS search)
Bedford has large group of AA employees--new and retired with apts and rent townhomes available as does Euless and Hurst-
Grapevine is close to the AA office as well and has nice historic downtown area
not too familiar with the apts in that area...but there are some along Cheek Sparger and 360 that used to be pretty nice

Old 05-31-2008, 06:16 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Off the top of my head I would recommend Bedford. Bedford has a lot of nice apartments that are reasonably priced. Euless would also be another consideration. The commute time from both of those cities to AA headquarters off Amon Carter would be very short (10 minutes or less).

Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
routemaps (http://www.the-t.com/Routes/routes.html - broken link)
this is the map of a bus that picks up at the T stop at centerport and goes by AA headquarters
so it might be possible to get a bus from an apt complex that is close to centerport and not need a car for going to work....

I also think Bedford has some nice apartments that are reasonable--you need to check about the section 8 rentals because there are some apts that do and frankly those are problem spots

Old 06-01-2008, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 8,241 times
Hello All,

Thank you very much for your help and replies, I really appreciate all the help,

Sid

Old 06-13-2008, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,717 times
Default Apartment

Hi... Euless is a great place. Friends wife lived there while working for AA. If you guys know anyone who is transfering to Boston.. I have an apartment for rent 10 minutes from the Airport in Winthrop.. 3 Bedroom. Current AA FA's transferring out......

email me.. [EMAIL="bostonguy66@hotmail.com"]bostonguy66@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

thanks and good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth