Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,697,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
Hi -- My husband and I are relocating to FW next year and we do not enjoy living in surburbia. We prefer historical areas that have character, not areas where every house looks the same. However, we also are looking for an area that is well-kept and safe. We also will be starting a family soon and would like to know information on whether any of the historical areas have good schools. From our experience, the historical areas typically have the worst schools.

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
Hi Juliana,

I suggest visiting the following neighborhoods: 1) Berkeley Place 2) Mistletoe Heights * both of these pertain to Lily B Clayton, a very good public elementary school.

3) Ryan Place 4) Fairmount (south of Allen) * kids here go to Dagget elem., also gets good reviews.

I have put the neighborhoods in order of safety. Berkeley is your best bet (and most expensive) and Fairmount is the least established and most affordable. Fairmount is very unique, but it has some issues too. Strict building/remodeling restrictions. I get the sense that there are a lot of empty nesters and 20 something couples/married coulples w/o kids. I don't know how kid oriented it is.

Ryan Place is beautiful, especially the closer you are to Elizabeth. The bad thing about it is that you're further away from the Trinity River and its trail system, Downtown, and it's kind of an island--nice neighborhood surrounded by less established areas.

One other area to visit is Arlighton Heights and Monticello, both of which are north of I30, West of Downtown and adjacent to the Cultural District (5 or so museums).

Some websites that might help you:
Home
Ryan Place Home Page
Home (Berkeley Place Association)
Fort Worthology - Traditional Urbanism, Smart Growth, Transit, Sustainability - Fort Worth, Texas

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM

14 posts, read 59,077 times
I agree with Campeador. Berkeley, Mistletoe Heights, Ryan Place, Fairmount, Arlington Heights are all great neighborhoods with great old houses and sound like what she is looking for.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 PM

55 posts, read 146,168 times
Agree with the above 2 posts. We were seeking an older house in good neighborhood with trees, sidewalks, good schools, etc and just bought in Berkeley. Check out 76110 post code on realtor.com. There are a few houses that have been on the market for AGES but don't be afraid to look at them. We bought one that has been on the market for over a year.

If not Berkeley, I would go with Ryan Place as my 2nd choice.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
I live in the Ryan Place addition, about 2 miles east of TCU, and it's a great area. You could get a great house on Elizabeth Blvd for that. Berkeley and Mistletoe Heights are also very nice areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth