Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:52 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times

Advertisements

PEOPLE--you can't make a recommendation until you have at least 10 other posts--and posts that aren't recommendations either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 05:15 AM

75 posts, read 288,006 times
Thanks for the info-I never really thought about them being insured to carry children, etc. I know of two particular "shuttles" which appear to be 15 passenger vans and have been around a few years. I appreciate the help!

Old 04-14-2010, 05:41 AM

4 posts, read 11,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
PEOPLE--you can't make a recommendation until you have at least 10 other posts--and posts that aren't recommendations either...
i do not understand--did i do something wrong? i am new here and learning as fast as i can!

i am happy to help make anyones life a little easier!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 AM

posters are not supposed to make specific recommendatiosn regarding a particular service/business unless they have a history--as few as 10 other posts--
it is supposed to stop people from postings ad and bogus comments that are ads in disguise...
frankly 10 posts is pretty small number...and no one can keep anyone from posting anything--but it can be deleted if it is against policy

Old 04-17-2010, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,374 times
sorry but i need respond to the person above. I really do not like people who talk before they have the facts. It makes people look dumb when they are not...they are just misinformed!!!!!

1) in Sept. 2009... the US government passed a law that requires ALL companies that transport anything. This goes for intrastate or interstate. Also any company that is a "Authorized for hire" carrier that transports cargo or passengers for compensation must have a US DOT and also need to obtain operating authority (MC NUMBER). [URL="http://www.dot.gov"]U.S. Department of Transportation[/URL]

2) I work for an insurance agency and commercial insurance policies can be issued to companies that drive almost any kind of vehicle. Yellow cab for example drives mini vans that carry up to 6 passengers. They carry commercial insurance. I know for a fact because I issued the policy, to a car dealership that uses minivans for their courtesy vans. Also, I know of a student shuttle in Plano that also carries commercial insurance for their minivans. So, please stop telling people that commercial insurance is not available for any other vehicles, except big vans, mini buses.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,261 times
I too am looking for trasportation to Timber Creek HS. I am available to pick up after scool but need help in the morning. How about you. Central is our home campus too but havent heard great things. My other children went to Keller High.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM

post your desire to start a car pool as a new thread and maybe someone will see it and respond
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth