Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times

Advertisements

I have to wander if the Op gets up in the middle od the night to drink water at the neighbors faucet and wear dirty clothes. how about baths nightly?Don't even want to know about his toilet really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Actually, you're bath tub must be smaller if you're bathing every day, since that would add up to more than 80cf for the month.
My bath tub is definately on the small side. Its pretty normal in length but the width is skinny !

Old 07-16-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Sounds about right. You pay $0.10/cf or $0.013/gallon. So something like flushing the toilet costs about .013*1.6, or 2 cents/flush.

If you're using 4 inches of water and your bath tub is 30"x60", you're using about 4cf of water, or $0.40 for each bath.
Interesting ! I will go measure the tub right now....the measurements are : 21 inches width and 56 inches long. The inches measured are based on the inside space of the tub. If you want to be technical add 3 inches for the outer area of space.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I have to wander if the Op gets up in the middle od the night to drink water at the neighbors faucet and wear dirty clothes. how about baths nightly?Don't even want to know about his toilet really.
Okay tex , I am a girl

I don't usually get up in the night to drink water , then I would find myself going potty more ( girls have smaller bladders or at least I do )
and I would rather sleep through the night..

I have plenty of clean clothes. I change them everyday.

Toilet is normal use . I just don't flush insects and things down it .

I hope your post is supposedly being funny because it borders on sarcasm and everyone else here has been really good about posting tips and saving money.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:20 PM

22 posts, read 75,105 times
Wow! That's amazing. Good for you.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,865,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
It was Creepshow! "They're Creeping Up on You," EG Marshall with a fear of germs and bugs. The bugs won.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic .....
Hi Gandalara! I am so sorry for not responding sooner. I don't really understand how to find responses to messages I've written. ;-(

You are right! OMG! That episode STILL traumatizes me. It's weird, but I just can't handle bugs for some reason. My father's godfather visited us several years ago and he was still laughing about the fact that I pitched a fit about him taking off my sandals because I did not like having the grass between my toes. That was at least thirty years ago. I don't know what is up with that. I can handle hoarders. I can handle organizing and cleaning the nastiest (my mother smokes three packs a day and anything is an imprompti ashtray) but I can not handle bugs. Ewww!

I never thought about the OP and baths, though. I'm glad to read s/he is bathing regularly. ;-) That's cool!

Last edited by mjd07; 07-20-2010 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living