Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
My funny story---

this happened a few years back---Targrt printed a coupon

Free choxie Bar

that was it, no limits, no restrictions, just free candy bar. so I printed out about 5, and got them all free. so, my dh printed out about 50, went to Target and scarfed up all the remaining Choxie Bars. something like $80 worth, then he handed them his coupons, they said wait a minute, you can't do that! They got their manager, went over it with a fine-tooth comb, there was nothing that said he couldn't, they finally honored the coupons.

That deal went around the Internet, Target lost $$$$$ on that before they pulled it! It was certainly helpful for us, we were on UE at the time, free chocolate bars were a welcome treat!

Haha...wow. not even I would sink that low . Funny though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 08:13 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,399,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Haha...wow. not even I would sink that low . Funny though.

Sink that low? Hey, we didn't do anything but use their coupon. Its nt like we altered it or anything. and they went over it, and agreed to it. they could have said no.

BTW, found that deal on another board, there was a big run on choxie bars all over the country. somehow Target survived---look they must have wanted us to have free candy, that's what they said FREE CHOXIE BAR!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,474 times
Yes, and it was at the Wal-mart (evil empire) so I pocketed my profit and walked off into the sunset. I have, however, told a cashier she undercharged me and the guy behind me was very impressed with my honesty.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:23 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,468,709 times
I suggest care in accepting these "mistakes." The Sam's Club here criminally charged a guy for switching bar code labels even though they did not have him on video actually doing it. Who knows what the outcome will be but who wants a criminal charge?

For non-scan errors, it may cause the cash drawer to come up short and we all know what that means for the cashier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living