Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:19 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,393,625 times

Advertisements

I have a fake email/phone number that I tie to the store loyalty cards..

Here's my "system" if you will - cards tied the real me that I use on a regular basis - bank, debit, library, gym membership, insurance - in my wallet.

Store cards - punch a hole thru them and store on a large key ring.
Below pic from someone else's blog , but that's pretty much how mine look. These I keep in my bag - this idea might not work for men or people who carry small bags though.... I think I originally saw this idea in Real Simple Magazine years ago - I personally don't put any cards on the big ring that have my real info tied to them or any value (like giftcards)

I travel a lot so I have all the airlines, hotel and rental car company cards - these I keep in a business card binder along with all our zoo and attraction membership cards (belong to seveal in our city and others) and only put in my wallet when we will be using them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 08:27 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Meh.
I'll play the game and get the savings.

Once you have the cards, you don't have to carry them. The employee can look you up in the system with your phone number and a photo ID.
And I went through the trouble of loading all my cards onto the smartphone Key Ring app.. guess just a phone # will do from now on..

Old 12-16-2013, 11:20 AM

8,051 posts, read 12,767,329 times
I am using the Kroger loyalty card (supermarket chain). They give discounts on food and discounts on gas purchases.

I use a google voice account for ANY form I fill out. If I start getting calls they are blocked and added to a spam list.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:49 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,096,810 times
i think club cards are kinda pointless because as long as its a free card and not a card you have to pay for upfront for a year they generally swipe their own card for you anyway so its like really whats the point. i like that the "jewel" grocery store chain when they were recently bought out did away with the the club card and i was happy about it. yeah we all have those one or two stores we frequent but otherwise its like hell every gas station has a card, every book store has a card, every grocery store has a card, i'd have 3 dozen things on my keyring if i did every card

Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
My keychain bristles with various cards, and it saves me money. I do not get emails ever, but do sometimes get handy coupons in the mail.
I rarely get e-mails or any kind of spam related to the various store "loyalty cards" that I have. They save me money, so what's the harm? Some people get worked up about the silliest things.

You can ditch all the little keychain cards these days. There are several aps for smartphones on which you can store all of your cards in one handy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Store cards - punch a hole thru them and store on a large key ring.
Below pic from someone else's blog , but that's pretty much how mine look. These I keep in my bag - this idea might not work for men or people who carry small bags though.... II travel a lot so I have all the airlines, hotel and rental car company cards - these I keep in a business card binder along with all our zoo and attraction membership cards (belong to seveal in our city and others) and only put in my wallet when we will be using them..
Again, why even carry all of this around when you can store all of your store cards (and airline / hotel / rental cards) in an app on your phone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living