Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 PM

577 posts, read 1,758,884 times

Advertisements

Yea SB is not the best choice here, beautiful yes... but cheap and easy to get to LA and SF... not so much. My sister lives in SB and it has a small airport so the flights are much more expensive. If you don't have a car then getting to SF or LA will take awhile... and your $$ will all go to rent and cost of living is much higher ( food, etc)

Go to the Orlando FL section to get info about Fl.

I live near Sacramento and you could live on the 1800 a month very easily.
There isnt a lot of crime.. you just have to research and not live in an area
that has the most crime. I lived in east Sac /Midtown area for 10 years.. never experienced any crime .

whatever city you pick, just make sure you go to that city's forum here and ask what areas have the least crime and then rent a place based on the info you receive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,115 times
I would go with ASU Tempe if you want to visit LA and San Diego and Las Vegas it's only an hour flight from Phoenix and Scottsdale which is part of the Phoenix Metro is really nice.

http://www.scottsdalecvb.com/

http://www.visitphoenix.com/index.aspx

Last edited by bgrn198; 06-16-2010 at 10:22 PM..

Old 06-19-2010, 10:58 AM

21 posts, read 29,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlene1960 View Post
If your English is not good - even if it is - SB is NOT friendly - unless you have MEGA Money.

People are NOT friendly. Quit trying to make friends and left after 1 year. Have lived all over the US and these people think their SH** does not Stink.

Cost of living is INSANE! Forget it on your budget.

I'll deltet it from my options if it's as what u say

actully, I think right now to go to seattle .. what do u think about it?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
Yea SB is not the best choice here, beautiful yes... but cheap and easy to get to LA and SF... not so much. My sister lives in SB and it has a small airport so the flights are much more expensive. If you don't have a car then getting to SF or LA will take awhile... and your $$ will all go to rent and cost of living is much higher ( food, etc)

Go to the Orlando FL section to get info about Fl.

I live near Sacramento and you could live on the 1800 a month very easily.
There isnt a lot of crime.. you just have to research and not live in an area
that has the most crime. I lived in east Sac /Midtown area for 10 years.. never experienced any crime .

whatever city you pick, just make sure you go to that city's forum here and ask what areas have the least crime and then rent a place based on the info you receive.
so, what about the university in sacramento,what is the best universitys in sacramento?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
I would go with ASU Tempe if you want to visit LA and San Diego and Las Vegas it's only an hour flight from Phoenix and Scottsdale which is part of the Phoenix Metro is really nice.

Scottsdale Hotels, Restaurants, Golf - Arizona Vacation Information - Scottsdale CVB

Home : VisitPhoenix.com

yeah, but many ppl say in arizona ppl there aren't friendlly specially for person who is come from gulf area? is this true or not?

Old 06-21-2010, 06:13 PM

????????????????????????

Old 06-28-2010, 09:00 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i will View Post
yeah, but many ppl say in arizona ppl there aren't friendlly specially for person who is come from gulf area? is this true or not?

The people in Arizona are from all over the USA as well as around the world. You will find some but not all that many that are originally from that state. With so many people from so many places I don't think you will feel unfriendliness in Arizona. Especially in the Phoenix or Tucson areas.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:25 PM

121 posts, read 342,176 times
Santa Barbara is a wonderful place to live. It has a lot of thrift stores and there is a Barnes & Noble and a Borders right across the street from each other. (At least when I lived there going to school in '05 there was). What more could you ask for?

Old 07-03-2010, 11:22 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
I do miss Tempe, Arizona. That was the first place I lived at when I first came to Arizona, back in October 2001, right after I left the Army. I miss that place.

I went to visit it, for the first time in 5 years, just 3 months ago. It's not as busy as it used to be (with the recession and all nowadays). But it's still a nice town. I hope, if I can't move out of Arizona, to move back there again. I love that town.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialta View Post
Santa Barbara is a wonderful place to live. It has a lot of thrift stores and there is a Barnes & Noble and a Borders right across the street from each other. (At least when I lived there going to school in '05 there was). What more could you ask for?
I know it's a nice place, but it's so expensive
so, I think i'm gonna look 4 other cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.