Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 AM

21 posts, read 29,184 times

Advertisements

hello,

first of all, my english isn't good very well. so, i'll try to write this thread in a good way as much as I can.

I want ask about the best cities to live in and study?

I've many options ( sacramento, santa barbara, tempe and yogen< i think the spilling incorrect but it's city in oregon state ).

so what the best one of these cities, specially in these points.
* people who are live in city, are they friendly or not?
* if I have 1850$ in each month is it enough to live in this city or not? for rent a flat and buy food,..?
* about the crime, which city less than others?
* and which city have a best Institute, to learn english of course ?

plz, I'm really need ur advice because I want come to usa but I don't know what is the best place I can live and study in it?
so, I need ur help.
plz

best wishes for all of u.

Last edited by Bo; 06-10-2010 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: updated title to make thread easier to find with search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I think you mean Eugene, Oregon. A University town about 2 hours south of Portland. Eugene would probably be the cheapest place for you to live. Then Tempe, Arizona and then Sacramento, California. You could study English in any of these cities.

Santa Barbara also a college town is very expensive so you may not want to go there.

As far as crime. Crime is everywhere in America. Some places are worse than others. Probably Eugene would have less crime than the other cities you asked about. Tempe is part of the Phoenix area and has alot of crime, Sacramento is a large city with crime and is not all that far from San Francisco and more crime.

So I would say Eugene is the better city for you based on your questions. Now if you were looking for a job I would not tell you to go to Eugene as it is small and not much employment.

Hope this helps you.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Sacramento.
It's in between SF and Lake Tahoe (which may be a plus for you). It has a Mediterranean look that I love- Lot's of vegetation, beautiful Mediterranean architecture, and Mediterranean like weather.
It's one of my favorite cities in California.

It's also one of the more affordable cities in the bunch.

I have no Idea what Yogen is.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I think you mean Eugene, Oregon. A University town about 2 hours south of Portland. Eugene would probably be the cheapest place for you to live. Then Tempe, Arizona and then Sacramento, California. You could study English in any of these cities.

Santa Barbara also a college town is very expensive so you may not want to go there.

As far as crime. Crime is everywhere in America. Some places are worse than others. Probably Eugene would have less crime than the other cities you asked about. Tempe is part of the Phoenix area and has alot of crime, Sacramento is a large city with crime and is not all that far from San Francisco and more crime.

So I would say Eugene is the better city for you based on your questions. Now if you were looking for a job I would not tell you to go to Eugene as it is small and not much employment.

Hope this helps you.
that is really good comment.
thank u very much.

but as i know eugene is very boring city u can't have enjoy there

and about santa barbra if i go there i'll pay for rent a flat or let's say only one room including one bath, and pay for my stuff only as food and somethings like that's. i'll not pay for the university or institute because there is someone will pay it for me. and i'll get 1850$ in each month, do u think it's enough?
------

and if u want to suggest other city no problem, but i chosed these cities because i asked many pepole and most of them say this is the best city u can go to study and in it.

and i'm really appreciate ur comment.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Sacramento.
It's in between SF and Lake Tahoe (which may be a plus for you). It has a Mediterranean look that I love- Lot's of vegetation, beautiful Mediterranean architecture, and Mediterranean like weather.
It's one of my favorite cities in California.

It's also one of the more affordable cities in the bunch.

I have no Idea what Yogen is.
yeah that's why i'm try to go for sacramento or santa barbara both are not far away from the SF & LA.
but u didn't write about the crimes and pepole who are live in this city. because it's important points.

and thank u again
i'll waiting for another reply.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:38 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,951 times
You could check out Austin Tx

http://www.utexas.edu/

Austin Texas - Events, Austin Hotels & Attractions, Convention Information, Guides, and More - ACVB

GACC | The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce :: Austin, Texas

Old 06-10-2010, 09:09 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i will View Post
that is really good comment.
thank u very much.

but as i know eugene is very boring city u can't have enjoy there

and about santa barbra if i go there i'll pay for rent a flat or let's say only one room including one bath, and pay for my stuff only as food and somethings like that's. i'll not pay for the university or institute because there is someone will pay it for me. and i'll get 1850$ in each month, do u think it's enough?
------

and if u want to suggest other city no problem, but i chosed these cities because i asked many pepole and most of them say this is the best city u can go to study and in it.

and i'm really appreciate ur comment.
Hi: If you rent 1 room in Santa Barbara and you do not need a car to pay for then maybe $1850 will be enough. That is if you don't spend much money for other things such as entertainment. California is a very expensive state, so if you live there Sacramento would be the cheaper big city.

You could also check into Tucson Arizona which is a college town and has a low cost of living. It is 100 miles south of Phoenix which is a huge Metro area. Also check into Austin Texas as someone else mentioned. As I said crime is all over the USA. When you decided on a city you can ask people about areas of the city where crime is not so high.

I think $1850 would be enough in cities like Tucson, Sacramento, Austin mabye Santa Barbara for the one room. Its when someone has a car and gas and insurance and rents the apt and food that it would be very difficult. You should be ok with the $1850.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:24 PM

81 posts, read 230,604 times
Tempe...for the hot ASU girls.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 PM

it's not bad, but I want study engineering and it's so difficult in this city.

if u have another suggestion i'll be here to read it.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Hi: If you rent 1 room in Santa Barbara and you do not need a car to pay for then maybe $1850 will be enough. That is if you don't spend much money for other things such as entertainment. California is a very expensive state, so if you live there Sacramento would be the cheaper big city.

You could also check into Tucson Arizona which is a college town and has a low cost of living. It is 100 miles south of Phoenix which is a huge Metro area. Also check into Austin Texas as someone else mentioned. As I said crime is all over the USA. When you decided on a city you can ask people about areas of the city where crime is not so high.

I think $1850 would be enough in cities like Tucson, Sacramento, Austin mabye Santa Barbara for the one room. Its when someone has a car and gas and insurance and rents the apt and food that it would be very difficult. You should be ok with the $1850.
thank u very much.
I think arizona will be the best one \
and it's not far away from LA and SF.
but actully today I was thinking about orlando in filorida.
do u think it's a good place specially about social life and people there are they friendly or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.