Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 02:43 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times

Advertisements

Spokane, WA

If you've never heard of it, and/or don't know what it's like, let's keep it that way.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 PM

126 posts, read 304,474 times
No particular order the cities I would like to live in:

New York!- Love going up there would love to live in Manhattan someday if I ever get the money

Boston- Great city with a lot of history. Kind of similar to my hometown

Philadelphia- my hometown and birthplace. The only major city I've actually lived in so far. Love the people and experiences I've had here. Was so happy to move back after living in the suburbs for a couple years!

Washington DC- The capital of the country. Nice big urban city too

San Francisco- Just visited for the first time recentley. Awesome city! Really unique and weird (in a good way) and a lot of fun

Chicago- Ok, so I've never actually been to Chicago, but I've always really liked it. Seems like a nice big city.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cities I like but wouldn't want to live in:

LA
Miami
Vegas

^^ awesome cities. I love the hot weather, and I hate the cold, but I'm more of a big city person, and by big city I mean urban, and like the first group I listed, but to me, these 3 are great vacation spots, and great cities, overall, but not for me, even though I do like them a lot

Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 PM

22 posts, read 106,344 times
San Francisco - beautiful weather, nice vibes, and historical significance
Seattle - lovely weather (yes I'm serious ) and nice views.
Boston - Lots of history and gorgeous building, it's cold though in winter.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,971,084 times
Seattle!

The weather is perfect. Nonstop sun in the summers with temperatures that in my opinion are perfect - not too hot at all. The winters aren't too cold, and even though it rains a lot then, it's perfect for just cuddling up inside and relaxing.

The scenery... Mount Rainier is beautiful. Then you have the Sound and the Olympic Mountains across that. Not to mention the Cascades and Mount Baker to the east of the city.

The city is also very safe and the downtown is very beautiful and kept up instead of trashed.

There is also a lot of culture to be found in Seattle - and I'm a fan of how the people are.

Then my next picks would be Denver, Portland, and of course New York City just because it's New York City!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:35 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Flagstaff, AZ. Well it's technically a "city" so it qualifies, right? lol

Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM

404 posts, read 595,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Flagstaff, AZ. Well it's technically a "city" so it qualifies, right? lol
Nope.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoKC View Post
Nope.
k

Old 01-17-2011, 08:29 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Oakland CA. Beautiful, incredibly diverse, excellent food, interesting history, unique, laid back, perfect weather, great local music & art scene, etc.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM

42 posts, read 107,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecogirl6425 View Post
What's your favorite city in the United States and why?
Mine's not a city, it's a town of a little less than 4000 people.

It's called Valdez and it's in Alaska. I was drawn to it at first because of how much snow it gets in the winter (325.6 inches in town and over 600 near Thompson Pass just a drive down the road). Then I began to notice that the mountainous scenery of it is really beautiful and that deepened my liking for it. But I think the biggest things are that it's a small town, it's nestled in a fjord on the banks of Prince William Sound, and it's in the great state of Alaska

Old 07-30-2011, 08:48 PM

20 posts, read 21,868 times
Cities I would live in.....

BOSTON-Love the city, Probaly my favorite in the world. Lots of history. More history then some places combined. Its growing too. Though it is not to crowded. Also you can walk everywhere! Plus it's clean. I can't fit all the great things in here for Boston cause could go on for hours. Also I  red sox

NEW YORK- Love the city. There is so much to do!

SEATTLE- Never been but I am drawn to it. Plus I kinda like the rain and cold

DENVER- Drawn to it also + I love Colorado
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.