Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:04 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Apparently you read the article Because many people there didn't
At the beginning immigrants and their kids went to the cities, big cities..But now they go to the other states (Indiana, Idaho, Kansas, South Carolina) and to the suburbs...The pace is unbelievable.
Yup I did. I might have skimmed a bit, but I think I read it all.

So long as they're legal I'd like it if we had more middle-class or suburban Mexicans. Sounds fine by me to have less "white, non-Hispanic" suburbs.

Some of the potential racism on the thread is a bit disturbing, but oddly even if one is intense on the white thing I'd have to say the figures are maybe not even as big a deal as they sound. A good percentage of Hispanics deem themselves "white" and I read a high percent of Panamanians don't even see themselves as Hispanic or Latino. In time lighter-skinned Hispanics born here might be like the Irish, Italians, and Greeks in being just "ethnic kinds of white people." Hector Elizondo's of substantial Basque ancestry, with blue eyes, so if he'd wanted to just be seen as a "white guy" he might have even been able to manage it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 10:38 AM

614 posts, read 1,764,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Yup I did. I might have skimmed a bit, but I think I read it all.

So long as they're legal I'd like it if we had more middle-class or suburban Mexicans. Sounds fine by me to have less "white, non-Hispanic" suburbs.

Some of the potential racism on the thread is a bit disturbing, but oddly even if one is intense on the white thing I'd have to say the figures are maybe not even as big a deal as they sound. A good percentage of Hispanics deem themselves "white" and I read a high percent of Panamanians don't even see themselves as Hispanic or Latino. In time lighter-skinned Hispanics born here might be like the Irish, Italians, and Greeks in being just "ethnic kinds of white people." Hector Elizondo's of substantial Basque ancestry, with blue eyes, so if he'd wanted to just be seen as a "white guy" he might have even been able to manage it.
I don't know if its possible to have middle class suburban mexicans because every city they move into turns into a rotting ghetto. Chicago, Phoenix, La?? Its even more fun when the mexicans call us racist, but when I go into a hispanic dominated town and get cursed at, honked at, and barely evade about 5 confrontations.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:02 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzona View Post
I don't know if its possible to have middle class suburban mexicans because every city they move into turns into a rotting ghetto. Chicago, Phoenix, La??
None of those are suburbs. Besides Chicago, really? It was one of the most crime-ridden cities in America during Prohibition and maybe sometime after or before for all I know. It has many good things too, but it's not like poverty or violence is something Mexicans had to introduce to it.

Besides many majority or plurality Hispanic towns or cities are low in crime. Look at the following.

//www.city-data.com/city/Sleepy...-New-York.html
//www.city-data.com/city/Tracy-California.html
//www.city-data.com/city/Holtville-California.html
//www.city-data.com/city/El-Paso-Texas.html

Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Of Course it's about race. Society is a Racial Construct. Think about that and dwell on it.

The Immigration & Naturalization Act of 1965 is totally destroying this country, and the effects are now starting to become massively known. Within three decades the federal government won't even be able to function due to the massive debt (greater than now) and decreased revenues. We're becoming a third world country, bit by bit, with third world people.

However, I know that you prefer more non-whites. I know that it's hunky-dorey for you to see fewer whites, for the people who founded and built this nation to take a back seat. After all, you're a non-white, I'm figuring, and you stand to gain something. Whites, on the other hand, stand to lose their country, their home, their way of life. You would never understand.
LOL, as I read your post, I couldn't help but to be reminded of this video:

Louis CK-Being White
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.