Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 07:34 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i'm black and i'm from ny. you?
you visiting ny doesn't mean that you qualify to speak about what goes on in ny, sorry.

i visit an asian friend in flushing every weekend. we eat chinese every sunday...therefore every asian in ny eats chinese on sunday. slim. nice logic.

lol @ spending summers in the projects with one family in ny equaling being born and raised in ny.
lol @ the thought of black ppl in the projects in bk = all black ppl in ny
lol @ the thought of "running from my roots" because i won't eat inferior parts of a pig/cow.

n word please.

most black ppl and ppl in general that eat a lot of soul food have high blood pressure and diabetes. fact. its part of the reason so many black ppl have these issues later on in life (and sometimes early on in life). fried and fatty foods are a problem.

we should think better of ourselves, IMO.

and stay in dc. all that throw down, and down home cooking and my gran mama put her foot in this and that...red beans with the poke chop and fat back with some sweet tea...
thats "ya'lls" stuff. we don't do that like that here.

i never said that black ppl in ny don't eat soul food at all period because ny has a lil bit of everything. what i specifically said was that we don't eat it in the abundance that you eat it down south, and we don't. end of story.
I see that you are jive ignorant homey! First, I grew up on Hoyt Street in DT Brooklyn in between Fort Greene and Red Hook. I moved to DC as a youngin. You can't tell me anything about NYC homey. My mother is part Cuban so I know about NYC's ethnic food. Second, people don;t eat soul food everyday, so you sound like a broken record. Soul food is usually a Sunday tradition in the black household. Stop acting like New Yorkers are so far removed from the south. I'll put up a pic of my cousins and brothers in Queens with their Yankee fitteds on tearing up some ribs. LOL

Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,187,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Ok not to change the direction of this thread, but those boys can not fight esp. dude with the green polo lmao.

perfect example of how Philly has some southern influence in its AA population
Every black person says "yall" my man. Yall is a AA universal way of speaking in second person plural. If I was white I would say "youse" because that's the word white Philadelphians say up here and the rest of the northeast to speak in second person plural (white people down south say yaaall). Its just how black people pronounce "Yall" is what makes them sound southern or not. Black people up north say ya or yall short and quick with no drawl (how I say it) and black people down south drawl it out like "yaaall" or something like that.
For example off the top

YouTube - Fabolous - Yall Dont Hear Me Tho [HD]
So I guess black people from NYC are kinda southern then

Last edited by nephi215; 05-04-2011 at 08:36 AM..

Old 05-04-2011, 09:46 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I see that you are jive ignorant homey! First, I grew up on Hoyt Street in DT Brooklyn in between Fort Greene and Red Hook. I moved to DC as a youngin. You can't tell me anything about NYC homey. My mother is part Cuban so I know about NYC's ethnic food. Second, people don;t eat soul food everyday, so you sound like a broken record. Soul food is usually a Sunday tradition in the black household. Stop acting like New Yorkers are so far removed from the south. I'll put up a pic of my cousins and brothers in Queens with their Yankee fitteds on tearing up some ribs. LOL
so you "grew up" in bk but moved to dc when you were young.

son sounds like carmelo anthony right now.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 AM

418 posts, read 809,394 times
Black people from all regions share a lot of similarities: they all eat soul food, they care about stupid ish (cars, clothes, jewelry) they go to the check cashing place, they all eat fried chicken, they get a little money and act like,they are bill gates..... It doesn't matter where you're from ,if u are black, chances are u or someone u know do those things....even NYers.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:14 AM

492 posts, read 1,027,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
Black people from all regions share a lot of similarities: they all eat soul food, they care about stupid ish (cars, clothes, jewelry) they go to the check cashing place, they all eat fried chicken, they get a little money and act like,they are bill gates..... It doesn't matter where you're from ,if u are black, chances are u or someone u know do those things....even NYers.
Dumbest post so far. Congratulations.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 AM

418 posts, read 809,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Dumbest post so far. Congratulations.
Tell me what part of that post was false?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 AM

80 posts, read 146,312 times
Quote:
Thats actually true.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
people of all races from all regions share a lot of similarities: some eat soul food, some care about stupid ish (cars, clothes, jewelry) some go to the check cashing place, they all eat fried chicken, some get a little money and act like,they are bill gates..... It doesn't matter where you're from ,if u are a person of any race, chances are u or someone u know do those things....even NYers.
Now its correct.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM

80 posts, read 146,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Now its correct.
I have never seen a white person at a check cashing place.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerly Hope View Post
I have never seen a white person at a check cashing place.
You would be surprised. You can't base everything on race. Its more so based on an individuals socioeconomic status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.