Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:17 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times

Advertisements

Most Definitely Not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
Yes. I've been in the Hartford, CT area for nearly my entire life (I'm 27) and seriously want a change. I'm so sick of it. I have no clue where to move though.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Yes I’m ready to move, after 30 years of being here the time has come to relocate. I moved to here 30 years ago and things were fine, however things have changed for the worse. More crime, politics and there just isn’t any need to remain here. The politics have changed the reasonable laws of the state to the point of crazy and stupid. You can’t vote them out of office and the criminals continue to remain there making worse laws each day.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM

535 posts, read 1,410,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brokegirl View Post
That's how I feel about Miami. It is hot and humid all year (literally) and wages are below national average.

It's a catch-22 - I can't afford to move but I can't afford to stay.
Same here, I'm so sick of Miami. The traffic, people, lack of jobs and opportunities and the weather.... The roads are risgusting here, people are selfish and rude, and there's only underpaid hospitality and medical jobs. There're many people that think Miami's weather is the best hahaha, it's the worst, hot (80's and 90's even in winter months) and humid all year long, it rains almost everyday and I never get the chance to wear a sweater or a pair of boots...

What stops me is school, but hopefully I'll gaduate in December and I'm out of here!

Old 02-09-2012, 03:02 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,499 times
Some people are content and have no interest in moving.

Some people believe the grass is always greener.

And some us just want to explore. <===== ME

Yes, kind of getting the itch.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:24 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times
I personally will be moving to Indianapolis in a year to escape the corruption and politics and culture of Michiana for a much more friendly down to earth culture of Indy and theres alot more to do and if i need too i can hop on I-65 and drive up to Lake Michigan in 3 hours or go to Dayton and see the Air Force Museum in about 2 and a half hours. Plus i am a major sports fan and i love watching football and i am went to the Super Bowl Village in Indianapolis and was impressed with how clean it was. How nice and helpful the people were. and 3 there was so much to do we didn't have time to do it all.
I also like that Indy is the fastest growing region in the midwest so i can meet some new neighbors in a year!
Convience to other cities as i mentioned above aside from all the events and conventions the city holds is another major reason why i am moving to Indy in a year too. Have to say so far the best convention has been Gen Con which was basically Halloween in August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.