Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,603,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post

Michigan: Detroit - about the only thing left to Michigan...
These comments are so bizzare to me. Detroit is interesting and important and all, but the real beauty of Michigan is everywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 12:19 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
These comments are so bizzare to me. Detroit is interesting and important and all, but the real beauty of Michigan is everywhere else.

If you read this post carefully, he seems like a big city person.

So yeah, there wouldn't be nothing else in Michigan for him other than Detroit.

I wouldn't take it as a knock on Michigan. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,674,958 times
Only about half of these are really interesting for your question from my point of view... Example, New York, you want me to pick another city in the state that beats NYC??? Hmm...

In my opinion, states that work well for this are:

Texas:

Florida:

California:

Pennsylvania:

Ohio:

Missouri:

Tennessee:

Maybe NC?

Edit: I'm also going from the city point of view

Old 04-19-2012, 03:30 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
Texas: Austin- like the town, like the size, more interesting looking than other big cities. Dallas isn't bad. Houston is realy not my kind of place.

New York: Further out Hamptons. I'm over NYC. Too crowded and stressful.

Florida: Sanibel Island. I like that it's quiet and peaceful.

California: Where I live in North County San Diego (love the beach, weather, stuff to do, and it's my home) or Santa Barbara if I had trust fund

Arizona: Scottsdale. Some think it's plastic. I think it's gorgeous and like how clean and upscale it is.

Hawaii: Kaui is my favorite island b/c of its diversity of landscape.

Pennsylvania: Philly I suppose. I don't know Penn very well.

New Mexico: Santa Fe. Best food scene and culture. Very pretty location.

North Carolina: Asheville. Nice town with great fall colors.

Michigan: ? South Haven I guess. Don't know much about Michigan.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
If you were to visit, live, or spend some time if these states what locale (big city, suburb, or small town) would you pick? Here's ten states. If this catches on I'll do another thread like it with some other states. Describe why you would choose the place you've chosen in each state (character, topographical features, attractions, food, people etc.)

Texas:

New York:

Florida:

California:

Arizona:

Hawaii:

Pennsylvania:

New Mexico:

North Carolina:

Michigan:
Houston

Tallahassee

Berkeley

Glendale

Honolulu

Harrisburg, Allentown, Pittsburgh or Philadelphia

Albuquerque

Chapel Hill or Greensboro

Ann Arbor or East Lansing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.