Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 05:05 AM

647 posts, read 1,217,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
What is homelier?

Americans in the southern US states look more German http://www.assist-inc.org/sites/assi...v2_2013-14.jpg

Skin is very fair.

The British face is more rounded than German.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZEfQeEmtri...-Carscoop1.jpg
Brits are lighter in skin tone than Germans. If you even want to consider arguing, let me be known that two German men from Germany in their late 40s told me without a shadow of a doubt just last night. They also say they can tell natives from almost every European country apart.

You may also want to consult a map to find out which country is more northern.

I'm actually surprised by the level in ignorance in this thread, British pale pasty skin is so famous or Infamous that I know non white people who live in Asia that know of it.

Last edited by sadgirl80; 12-06-2013 at 05:22 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 05:08 AM

647 posts, read 1,217,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
The Traveler is just jealous because he isn't blonde and blue eyed like a large percentage of Americans and British people are. lol. He probably looks like those Aymara and Quechua natives living in South America. Not saying this is bad or anything but most likely is the case! He has never been outside of South America and has never gazed into a pair of beautiful blue eyes. Ones like I, an America, have. ^_^
Most Anglo Americans I know have dark eyes and hair and (light skin).

And I wonder why you talk as if everybody naturally thinks like you that blue eyes are better. Women prefer dark eyed men and dark haired men.

Last edited by sadgirl80; 12-06-2013 at 05:24 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post

And I wonder why you talk as if everybody naturally thinks like you that blue eyes are better. Women prefer dark eyed men and dark haired men.

This. I meant anglo people (as in British Isles and Irish descent) usually have pale skin with dark hair and darker eyes , although blue eyes are common too.

People from Germany and other central european countries (czech and poland) usually have darkblond hair and light skin but with warm undertones, not the pasty skin. Also more often blue eyes, specially germany.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Brits are lighter in skin tone than Germans. If you even want to consider arguing, let me be known that two German men from Germany in their late 40s told me without a shadow of a doubt just last night. They also say they can tell natives from almost every European country apart.

You may also want to consult a map to find out which country is more northern.

I'm actually surprised by the level in ignorance in this thread, British pale pasty skin is so famous or Infamous that I know non white people who live in Asia that know of it.
although the British people could have lighter skin just because of the climate, however some studies of few years ago show how the dutch and northern germans have slighty lighter skin tone.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Considering most white americans are of largely mixed ancestry, however in many of them you can tell they are for some reason white americans and not off-boat europeans, what european ethnicity would you say is the most similar to White americans? The British/Irish (very similar groupd to each other) or the Germans?
In your opinion whose features are more familiar for a white american perspective?
it depends on the region of america that you're in. if you're in an isolated rural area, sometimes you can see some specific genetic traits really jump out.

rural white american southerners , for example, resemble their (mostly) british and irish ancestors. same with people in the far northeast, like maine or nova scotia.

rural white american midwesterners resemble their (mostly) german, slavic, scandinavian, or baltic ancestors

it is much, much more difficult to tell when you're talking about people from urban areas, because they are so much more mobile than rural people.

Last edited by le roi; 12-06-2013 at 01:28 PM..

Old 12-06-2013, 01:14 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
I recall seeing statistics on another forum which showed hair color in the U.S. by region. Not surprisingly, the Northeast had the darkest complexions, followed by the West. The Midwest was the blondest. The South had the highest amount of red hair (which isn't that surprising given how much Scottish ancestry there is). I believe it was only counting white Americans, as otherwise the southern results would have made little sense.

Sadly, I read this years ago, and I never got a proper citation of the source data, so take it with a one ton grain of salt.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I recall seeing statistics on another forum which showed hair color in the U.S. by region. Not surprisingly, the Northeast had the darkest complexions, followed by the West. The Midwest was the blondest. The South had the highest amount of red hair (which isn't that surprising given how much Scottish ancestry there is). I believe it was only counting white Americans, as otherwise the southern results would have made little sense.

Sadly, I read this years ago, and I never got a proper citation of the source data, so take it with a one ton grain of salt.
That sounds about right, midwest as in minnesota, dakotas, michigan and wisconsin have the highest amount of blond people because of higher germanic input (scandianvian, dutch, german) in comparison to British Isles ancestry like in the south which has higher amount of brown hair but also a larger minority of redheads. People in the Northeast have prevalence of irish and italian(sicilian) and many people are a mix of those two ancestries who arent particularly blonde per se, specially regarding sicilians who are very mediterraenan looking.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it depends on the region of america that you're in. if you're in an isolated rural area, sometimes you can see some specific genetic traits really jump out.

rural white american southerners , for example, resemble their (mostly) british and irish ancestors. same with people in the far northeast, like maine or nova scotia.

rural white american midwesterners resemble their (mostly) german, slavic, scandinavian, or baltic ancestors

it is much, much more difficult to tell when you're talking about people from urban areas, because they are so much more mobile than rural people.
Dont forget the Irish-Italian mixed in north-east, they are extremely common.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:08 PM

399 posts, read 820,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

I wonder what state has the highest percentage of red hair, in the south it must be somewhere in the Appalachia.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:

I was just saying that to annoy the OP. I think he was beat up as a child by a blonde blue-eyed British person and now he posts all types of racist things about them and their former colonies on this forum. lol He has NEVER even visited the world outside of South America (He lives there), yet he thinks he knows everything about European people and their descendants around the world. . His nonsense annoys the hell out of me.

A majority of British and German people (the ancestry of most white Americans) have dark hair. Germans are NOT (in fact, they are so far from) being majority blonde even though the Traveler86 insists that they are when he has never even seen a German outside of the pictures he finds on the internet.

In regards to which eye color is "better", I honestly think that people don't even care what eye color others have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.