Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:07 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
But whatever. Question? Why are so many long-time Californians fleeing the state? And then so many of them moving to Texas...?
Relatively affordable housing. You know that. It's a valid reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 11:05 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Relatively affordable housing. You know that. It's a valid reason.
Of course it is a valid reason...as far as that goes. The only problem/issue I have is that so many move here....and then attempt to turn it back into the same place they wanted to get away from to begin with.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:19 PM

572 posts, read 709,035 times
Quote:
This whole post (and all the others on this sub-subject), ring of jealously. Take a chill pill.

See earlier and the difference in misplaced, arrogant, pride, and a pride born from being proud of your history, culture, and heritage. Sorry if you don't get the difference.

Actually, believe it or not, most Texans don't give California a thought at all. LMAO, if you think otherwise.

But whatever. Question? Why are so many long-time Californians fleeing the state? And then so many of them moving to Texas...?
Ok. I admit it. I'm jealous of texas. I'm sure everyone is.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times
State with the most pride is Texas.

State with the least pride is Florida.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 AM

80 posts, read 206,490 times
Texas without doubt!

Next ones in no specific order would be Hawaii, California, Washington (especially Seattle residents), Colorado, Minnesota, Georgia (due to Atlanta), New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Born and Bred View Post
Texas without doubt!

Next ones in no specific order would be Hawaii, California, Washington (especially Seattle residents), Colorado, Minnesota, Georgia (due to Atlanta), New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts.
I think South Carolina might also figure into the equation...what with both their colonial and "Civil War" history. And Mississippi should not be left out at all. I mean, I know that to many non-Southerners it is the butt of national jokes and disdain. But it is a beautiful state and it has never pretended to be anything other than Mississippi. And? To boot? Residents make an extremely good case when they point out the hypocrisy of those who criticize it.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM

80 posts, read 206,490 times
Quote:
I think South Carolina might also figure into the equation...what with both their colonial and "Civil War" history. And Mississippi should not be left out at all. I mean, I know that to many non-Southerners it is the butt of national jokes and disdain. But it is a beautiful state and it has never pretended to be anything other than Mississippi. And? To boot? Residents make an extremely good case when they point out the hypocrisy of those who criticize it.
We Mississippians are very proud of our state. Sadly, most of the country doesn't see it that way because we are always the butt of national jokes and disdain.

That's very true; we politely listen to what people has to say about the state negatively then let it go because we love our state exactly the way it is. We also can defend for Mississippi without getting into an argument.

As a recent college graduate looking for jobs, I just wish MS economy would improve. That's why I am considering to move to a northern city that has both northern and southern influences such as Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Columbus, and maybe Pittsburgh. I will not go any farther north and I will move back with my northern money to live comfortably!

Old 11-19-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Born and Bred View Post
We Mississippians are very proud of our state. Sadly, most of the country doesn't see it that way because we are always the butt of national jokes and disdain.

That's very true; we politely listen to what people has to say about the state negatively then let it go because we love our state exactly the way it is. We also can defend for Mississippi without getting into an argument.

As a recent college graduate looking for jobs, I just wish MS economy would improve. That's why I am considering to move to a northern city that has both northern and southern influences such as Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Columbus, and maybe Pittsburgh. I will not go any farther north and I will move back with my northern money to live comfortably!
Well, Mississippi Born? It might not make any difference, but I want to say anyway, that there are many of us out here who know and appreciate the wonderful natural beauty and Southern grace of the people in the state of Mississippi...and the character that made it possible. It is my ancestral home, and I don't apologize in the least for saying so!

Last edited by TexasReb; 11-19-2013 at 06:41 PM..

Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
State with the most pride is Texas.

State with the least pride is Florida.
... that's interesting.

Why do you say that?

Old 11-20-2013, 06:26 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
... that's interesting.

Why do you say that?
Because Floridian don't have much pride in their state. I've met many locals that hated thier state and had a lack of state pride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.