Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Barton View Post
I'd imagine the places with a high black population would have some attractive women in it. Try Detroit or Miami.
Actually, Miami's African-American population is around 25%.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:35 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I think we're mixing concepts here. There's physical ethnicity on one side and then there's cultural identity/nationality. You can be 100% black and Hispanic. Both terms don't exclude each other.

The difference is a person with 1% black blood is called black in the US, whereas in the Hispanic world an individual of mixed race is called mulato. Also, race-based identity is not as strong there as is in the US. Besides that, when you’re abroad your national/cultural identity becomes more important to you.

That doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with being black. Being black doesn’t necessarily imply your African American.
The only problem I have with that is that about a third of Whites would be considered Black if that was the case of being 1%. That's why race is a social construct, because there are many factors to consider.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:14 PM

8 posts, read 16,607 times
I say:

1. Houston
2. Atlanta
3. Dallas
4. New Orleans/Baton Rouge
5. St. Louis
Mostly in the south is where you would find the most beautiful black women!

Old 04-04-2009, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,213 times
Charleston South Carolina Is The African American Queen/ Princess Capital. South Carolina= Beautiful Faces

Old 04-12-2009, 08:39 AM

5 posts, read 9,078 times
Black people do not exist - the skin is brown. (Dark, medium, light brown and beige) - that's the basic color shades of all people (white are actually beige). So, that being said - most of the best darker skinned women are the one's from Africa who are not caught up in the American racial black and white thing. Truly it is not someones "blackness" that makes them beautiful - Halle Berry has light skin and is beautiful - Naomi Cambell has dark skin and is beautiful - Christina Aguilera has light skin and is beautiful - the list could go on. Baltimore has a high African population, surrounding DC areas as well, South Florida has a high Carribean population, Atlanta has more American born with a high number of "blackness" types - but a 40 percent (guessing) diverse and open minded group as well; I'd wager the best choices on the East Coast are probably North Carolina, Baltimore, New York, West Palm Beach Florida, and Orlando Florida. My guess is that Atlanta and D.C. have many pickings as well - but don't fall for the pretty face too quickly in these two cities before you find out if they are one of the closed minded and angry one's (as anywhere but more here).

Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
Well I agree with you because like for example I don't know of other hispanics community but like I know that Dominicans and Puerto Ricans are made up of white(from spain) Black(from Africa) Indian(from Taino Indians). That is why , some hispanics may look chinese, indian, or even white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Well I did say that Native Americans contributed to some Latinos' appearance.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times
Jacksonville has it's share of fine black women.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:03 PM

210 posts, read 845,535 times
Oakland=beautiful black women. Obviously there are beautiful black women in major black cities, but in cities such as the midwest and south there are so many fat people as compared to the west coast. I think there are more beautiful women on the west coast than these places by far.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:57 PM

343 posts, read 1,384,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I think we're mixing concepts here. There's physical ethnicity on one side and then there's cultural identity/nationality. You can be 100% black and Hispanic. Both terms don't exclude each other.

The difference is a person with 1% black blood is called black in the US, whereas in the Hispanic world an individual of mixed race is called mulato. Also, race-based identity is not as strong there as is in the US. Besides that, when you’re abroad your national/cultural identity becomes more important to you.

That doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with being black. Being black doesn’t necessarily imply your African American.
If being 1 % black blood in the United States was considered being black then a 1/4 of the white population would be black period.

People will identify you with what race they think you are. There are plenty people of multiracial hertiage that look like one race or the other and most people would not even think about it. It just depends on what you look like.

And finally I can totally understand why someone from a latin country who looks more "black" would be offended if someone said they were, mainly because they may not see themselves that way. Race is a social construct and what may be called black in one culture is not the same in another culture.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 AM

185 posts, read 647,976 times
Ny becuz it has me of course, pic included.
But seriously personal taste anyone the question is moot. Interesting replies though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.