Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:18 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaq View Post
Delusional (Religious)
Tornadoes
Kevin Durant
Another hateful person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 07:10 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,169,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
No more football talk, this thread is not about that! :-)
You know when Texas & Oklahoma are in the same sentence, it's always going to be about football.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,747 times
Bassandcatfish you will be eating steak tonight! LOL

Old 10-12-2014, 07:34 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,511,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Bassandcatfish you will be eating steak tonight! LOL
Yeh it would have been calf fries if those Steers hadn't already lost their balls!

Old 10-13-2014, 10:19 AM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Didn't read past the fourth paragraph. I actually study ALL cfb programs because I love the game, so I actually know a good bit about OU's history. Doesn't change the fact that OU has historically relied heavily on Texas for recruits, and that's a fact.

Btw, cool memorabilia. I can't say I'm shocked that you have it, though. You're not the only person with stuff like that lol.

As for the rest of that essay, how much **** water 2% beer did it take to get you riled up enough for that
Gee I thought you didn't read the rest of the essay. Just the first four paragraphs.

There is no use arguing with Texas people who continually run down Oklahoma and other places out of their ignorance.

As far as my memorabilia. Jealous? I bet you can get some charred Mack Brown stuff pretty cheap.

And yes Oklahoma relies on Texas players because of the population base. But it's funny how Texas can't seem to find a coach from Texas. The guy you got now is from Arkansas. Another place you people run down with regularity. Why can't you all find a coach from Texas?

But as far as being riled up? You post 'I think Oklahoma sucks'. No real contribution to the thread. Typical Texan jerk behavior. The kind we have to put up every October when we have to play you guys in Dallas.

Then after a Sooner victory it's "yow, but ya'll have to go back to Mobilehoma." Same crap every year.

And I was wonderin'.

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXxZ6QcrZDw

Old 10-13-2014, 11:04 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,738,816 times
For a lower population state, a lot of talented people have come out of that state across all areas (sports, music, etc)

The sports talent from OK exceeds anything from CO.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:15 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
For a lower population state, a lot of talented people have come out of that state across all areas (sports, music, etc)

The sports talent from OK exceeds anything from CO.
I think a lot of that is the fact that Colorado is more of a western state and Oklahoma is more of an old time agrarian state. Lot's of small towns in Oklahoma that historically produce talent that might get overlooked in a state like Colorado where everyone lives in 2 or 3 large metro communities.

As Colorado grows I think we will see more sports talent come out of there but by the same token, a lot of Colorado's emphasis on fitness shows up in many ways. For instance, the distance running talent that comes out of Colorado at the high school level is as good or better than Texas which is 4 x larger a state.

And one more thing that my UTHorn friend managed to miss out of my previous diatribe.

Quote:
Of all these things Texas' are bigger and better. However we have something similar in Oklahoma.
As an Okie, I don't have any problem marveling at all the wonderful things about Texas as there are many. But our state has some great stuff that is always dismissed out of hand by Texans like him.

It's like it's a state law down there that you can't say anything nice about anywhere else.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,566,403 times
Depends. Broadway or community theater?

Old 10-30-2014, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 3,141 times
Born and raised here, lived here my whole life. I used to hate Oklahoma, felt it was boring and too conservative. As I've grown up, I've learned to appreciate Oklahoma. Its actually very beautiful, especially the eastern part of the state. I'm from Tulsa, which is nicknamed "green country". Oklahoma has great weather, 4 very distinct seasons, although summer can be very hot. Thats when you head to the lake or Blue Hole! Each region of our state has a very differnt climate and landscape. Oklahoma in my opinion is southern, especially SE Oklahoma, aka Little Dixie. People are generally very kind, and friendly. I wouldn't live anywhere else, except deeper into the south!

If others dont care to visit, thats fine with us Okies. We'd prefer to keep our beautiful state all to ourselves.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 3,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
When I was in Tulsa in 1995, there were a lot of empty store buildings and a downtown mall that was deserted. Trying to find some place to eat was not good. Have things picked up in the downtown area? I do know the OKC has really reinvented it's downtown. Ball park and all.
I dont know if anyone answered this question, but YES!! Downtown Tulsa has gone through a major revitalization! Its wonderful, we have several 'districts' downtown, lots of new restaurants, bars, art galleries, retail stores, parks,residential condos and apartments, etc. Downtown Tulsa is gorgeous now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.