Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 PM

763 posts, read 2,260,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Also, what I've noticed is that Midwestern people who aren't racist still look down upon the modern day black culture, but to blacks who don't fit into the stereotype, they usually accept with open arms.
If you speak out against so-called "black culture", you're still called a racist, even though your dislikes are not aimed at any race, only at behavior that is exhibited predominately by a particular race.

For example, I can't stand those stupid thumping stereos. Around here, it's mostly white kids with them, so I can speak out against them. When I lived in a different city, I was a racist honky because I hated black people because I spoke out against those stereos. However, I also used to live in a city that was about 80% black, and they passed laws against those things to the extent that you would go to jail for violating the noise ordinance, but since it was blacks passing the laws, they can't cry racism.

So, if despising bad behavior that has become part of "black culture" is racist, then I'm racist. However, I don't care what color your skin is if you're exhibiting bad behavior.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:50 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,029,877 times
^^Why are you so quick to label blacks as quick to cry racism? I don't appreciate that one bit. I expect to be treated fairly by society and am willing to give society the benefit of the doubt in a situation in which racial undertones may play a role, and so do the vast majority of black people in this country.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:50 PM

17 posts, read 39,376 times
That is a loaded question, isn't it??

Old 08-22-2009, 12:23 AM

763 posts, read 2,260,912 times
Because my wife is a minority and my daughter is bi-racial (not black) but I'm never called racist by anyone but blacks.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:14 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
This is an old thread, and since that time similar topics are up and going in the city vs city room. Please search the city vs city room for those topics and add to them rather than dredge up this very old one here. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.