Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:02 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaJasMi View Post
I grew up in NW Arkansas...I never EVER saw or had to deal with racism there...BUT I will say people from the other areas are racist...black on white racism mind you.

As a NW Arkansas native I would have to agree with your comment.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:07 PM

7 posts, read 12,432 times
Id say Rhode Island rich and white they'd almost have to be racist.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the state where name calling "racist" is done the most? and/or
the state where people get called on their stuff the most?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,917,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyeller View Post
Have you ever been to Rhode Island?
A.) A lot of Rhode Island is urban poor. With a decent hispanic population too
B.) Rich white people are automatically racist? Any more so than poor whites? Or poor blacks? Ya? Go **** yourself. Straight up, go **** yourself.

Seriously, though.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 PM

884 posts, read 1,034,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyeller View Post
Judging by your post I'd say you almost have to be inbread. Tell your uncle Dad I said hi.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 PM

31 posts, read 109,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I'd bet many Northern cities, but it is hard to really tell because most Northerners will keep any racists thoughts to themselves unless they are around an all white or white/hispanic group.

Boston natives, not all mind you, but probably more then you think.
Indianapolis is probably a given since the Klan was born in Indiana.
St. Paul is actually a hub for white power propaganda distribution.

Boise, perhaps?
The Aryan Nation was not in Boise, it was way at the top of Idaho.
There are actually a lot of hispanics in Boise. If it were that bad, they would get out of there. Idaho Native

Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM

31 posts, read 109,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
The absolute most racist area of the country that I have personally encountered is the pandhandle of Idaho. Especially the Sandpoint area. Freeeaks. I've also noticed alot of more conservative areas of blue states have racial problems (Bakersfield-Oildale, California; Huntington Beach, California

That may have been the case a few years back. That is just not the case these days. Arayan Nations no longer are in the NW. And might i add, haven't been for a long whial. When is the last time you where there???

Old 02-14-2008, 12:54 PM

44 posts, read 54,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Here's my opinion:

PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF WITH THREADS THAT NECESSARILY PUT PEOPLE ON THE DEFENSIVE ABOUT THEIR OWN CITY/STATE/REGION/WHATEVER, especially on such subjective/unquantifiable and obviously controversial topics as racism. Nothing constructive comes out of them and it seems like little more than voyeurism and/or pot-stirring.

Thanks.
End of conversation

Old 07-13-2008, 04:00 PM

7 posts, read 31,242 times
I'd say most of the people that have posted on here need to spend more time studying history than posting on a message board. This board is nothing more than people posting opinions as facts....and I actually saw one dude post on here that the Klan was born in Indiana...really? I'm from Tennessee. It was born here in a town named Pulaski

And basically the most racist places in the country are the places were the most minorities are. Blacks in the Deep South, Mexicans in Texas and the West. I know a few people from places like Iowa and Wyoming....where there aren't any minorities. When they first moved to Memphis and the Delta region they acted all open minded and anti racist. 6 months later they were singing a different tune.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:22 PM

145 posts, read 509,065 times
pennsylvania,illinois
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.